Spec me an LED Torch

Gangster
Associate
Here's what I'm looking for:

- Strobe Function (Top Priority)
- Takes AA/AAA Batteries
- 100+ Lumen
- Length less than 15cm
- Various Brightness Level (Hi/Med/Low) etc.
- Focus/Spread Beam

Budget max. £100

Only one I can find right now are the Lenser M7/M14
img0110jv.jpg

Are there better torches out there?

Associate
In Millets a few years ago I got an LED replacement kit for my Maglite Mini, they also did a replacement end cap that had a swich, the switch had 4 setting on, dim, dimmer, and strobe. I don't know if the still do them but maybe worth a look

Rich

Aod

Aod

Soldato
This is a bit cheaper at $50 (including uk shipping)

http://www.gadget-junction.blogspot.com/2007/11/luxeon-10-watt-led-flashlight.html

80 lumens
AAA

that's likely to be complete rubbish. that looks like a Luxeon V or a K2, but those physically can't be driven by AAA's. i doubt you'd get more than 20 or 30 lumens out of that. (i mean "actual" lumens, not "manufacturers" lumens)
Personally I have a surefire G2 but 123A batteries are stupidly expensive so I am thinking of selling it.

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/body_lithium_camera.html

Sorted. i buy mine from here and they're excellent.

Soldato
I got one very similar to this, it's fantastic.
Is it that important for aa/aaa batteries as rechargeable 18650's are very convenient.

What are 181650's? Cant think they are convenient as most people will not have heard of them/be able to buy them in shops

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I've been using an old Fenix L1D for ages, been a cracking little torch.

4 brightness settings, strobe, and an SOS mode (it automatically flashes SOS).

They probably do a brighter/better version of it now.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
What are 181650's? Cant think they are convenient as most people will not have heard of them/be able to buy them in shops

a 18650 is a non-rechargeable single lithium cell battery (3v) that's roughly the size of two CR123A's stacked on top of each other.

they offer good runtimes and have excellent current delivery capacity.

they are not available in the shops.

Is it worth me getting a couple of chargers?

i'm not sure what you mean by this. ordinary CR123A batteries cannot be recharged. rechargeable 123A cells are a bit of a false economy unless you use like, a pair a day.

Soldato
Rechargeable lithium batteries, about £5 for 2 and another fiver for the charger, they also sell these at dealextreme.

Wouldn't have to be AA/AAA but preferable.
Looking at some Fenix torches now

Would you be using it somewhere that you didn't have access to recharge the batteries or something, they are a cheaper better option.

Back
Top Bottom