Spec me an LED Torch

Soldato
Do want, but do not need :S

Yeah I want, but I do not need. Like atm Im still using my old style bulb torch as I am having the EA41 for xmas. Im sure the EA41 will be more then bright enough and suitable for my needs. I need a torch more flood then range and the EA41 looks quite floody in the reviews I have seen..

I will probably never get another torch, but I can dream and with the Tiny Monster being over £200, the EA41 will probably be the brightest decent one I can afford:mad:

Man of Honour
Yeah I want, but I do not need. Like atm Im still using my old style bulb torch as I am having the EA41 for xmas. Im sure the EA41 will be more then bright enough and suitable for my needs. I need a torch more flood then range and the EA41 looks quite floody in the reviews I have seen..

I will probably never get another torch, but I can dream and with the Tiny Monster being over £200, the EA41 will probably be the brightest decent one I can afford:mad:

I think the price I paid for stuff like the Jetbeam BC40 and Thrunite TN31 I don't really want to buy any other torch that expensive again having see what is possible although those tinymonsters are rather amazing :p

The polished stainless steel L2 with XP-L drop-in does feel like the end game torch for me. It now completely fulfils 100% of my uses from throw to flood to long run times and the moonlight mode works wonders for when I need light but don't want to get caught be seen :D

Soldato
My Thrunite TN36 was £131 shipped direct from Thrunite via Amazon.de which only took 2 days. Much cheaper than a Tiny Monster and on par quality wise as I've owned some in the past.

Soldato
Theres the Tiny Monster TM36 1800lumens also, that is more of a thrower then a flooder at 1100meters, compared to the 445meters of the Tiny Monster TM26 3400lumens

But could you spend £200+ on a torch? I guess I could if I really really wanted it, but still I would think long and hard about it first. It took me a good few months to spend £60 for my EA41 and by the time I had thought about it, it was comming up Christmas time, so I thought "what the hell I'll have it for a present":p

Soldato
My Thrunite TN4A turned up this morning:

28chopi.jpg

Soldato
Ive had a few torches (up to a £280 Fenix) but now just use a £1 inc delivery Ultrafire CREE Q5.

It takes a single AA or 14500, lasts ages on a single AA or even longer on the Nitecore 14500 750mAh battery I have. It also have a single on/off button and you can zoom the lens head so its either flood or beam. The hotspot is not round due to the poor led but hwat do you expect for £1!
Its not much bigger than the battery and great for general in house use and the odd place like festivals and holidays

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom