Spec me an LED Torch

Soldato
Couple of people got in then, says dispatched so thats hopeful. I expect suitably illuminated dramatic photos should it be the real deal as tribute for such an awesome find:cool:

Says 650 lumen in this vid but it should beat the usual chinese stuff by far? I'll be officially impressed if it can beat the tatty make £15 triple xml

Soldato
My thoughts exactly ;)

Actually I cancelled the original order and thought, I will take advantage of the free delivery, so I ordered two for £18 :D

I was expecting the order to be cancelled but got the dispatched email. See what happens.... I will be shocked if it's the real deal. It's a fulfilled by so no hassle.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well mine has arrived already :eek: :D. It looks genuine, it's in a Fenix box with all the accessories. Unfortunately, I have no batteries with me :(.

uc

Last edited:
Associate
Almost a month after placing the order my EA41 _nearly_ arrived today, unfortunately there's a customs fee to pay so all I have to show for it at the moment is a Royal Mail "fee2pay" slip. All sorted so should hopefully have it Monday.

Probably for the best as spending Christmas day tinkering with something I bought for myself probably would have been bad form. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Got dinged twice recently. This one wasn't so bad and still worked out cheaper than buying from the UK, previous one was £30 - half of that TNTs fee for processing it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well mine has arrived already :eek: :D. It looks genuine, it's in a Fenix box with all the accessories. Unfortunately, I have no batteries with me :(.

I]

Got mine today as well.
On a close examination it does look genuine. The box looks like my other Fenix boxes, but without the clear window.

Compared to my PD35 (2013 version 850 lumen) it's got a smaller hot spot. This is to be expected as it will have a longer throw.
Very similar size of hotspot to my LD41 (4xAA 520 lumen). The LD41 has a smooth reflector, the TK22 has a micro orange peel reflector. Reflector sizes are very similar.

Can't really say how they all compare on brightness as I've only tried indoors.

Last edited:
Soldato
My Eagletac D25A clicky seems to have developed a fault, it no longer switches off, I tried a normal AA battery and it was still the same, it originally did this on a 14500 battery (Nitecore which was slightly taller) but I swapped it to the Eagletac version and it was fine until Sunday. Any ideas if I can try anything to fix it? Or should I send it back to flashaholics as it's only 2 months old.

Soldato
Yeah I think 7 or so lucky sods got them before the price went up :confused:

I think we all got lucky there as it was one supplier who had set their price lower, so stock was sold out and its switched over to another supplier

7 showing in stock when I ordered. The courier for mine did the usual card trick and not tried to deliver it even, wont let me pick it up from the depot as HQ says he will deliver later which seems a tad unlikely so wont get it till next week doh
Good to hear its genuine brand quality & an upgraded version even, post up a shot of it in the dark if you get the chance

ITs too good to use when digging up the spuds in the dark, my other torch Ive dropped from six feet a dozen times maybe. I'll order a few quid one

half of that TNTs fee for processing it.
I ordered a mp3 player for £40 from usa once inc. delivery. It was second hand and used dram! very long time ago, anyhow the ebay seller had gone ott with receipts trying to look profesional, just alone in the box I thikn it'd have been less. They charged me so much in fees to open and examine it ended up being near £100.
I'd have sent it back and just waited 6 months to buy something but some helpful soul paid that fee at the door

Last edited:
Soldato
Can I add that it needs to be on the Amazon site :) could stretch to £20 odd if it makes a big difference. Haven't got a torch currently.

Soldato
Can I add that it needs to be on the Amazon site :) could stretch to £20 odd if it makes a big difference. Haven't got a torch currently.
Here a link to that little one I posted above
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lighthouse-...UTF8&qid=1419706707&sr=8-1&keywords=ELEDFOCUS

This one below is much brighter and better but eats battery's very fast (So you would really want to to use rechargeable C battery's with it ;))
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lighthouse-...id=1419706791&sr=8-15&keywords=lighthouse+led

And if you could really stretch that budget this is a really great rechargeable Torch (I have 2 of them)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenser-LED8..._1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419707082&sr=8-1&keywords=m7r

Last edited:
Soldato
At last xmas is here and I can finally have my EA41 torch, and its great, everything I want in a torch, the distance/flood is dam impressive outside better then my ultrafire C8 and I have no need to put it on turbo mode, as high mode is more then bright enough for my needs.

The low battery indicator isn't that great tho as I amm using the batts that torchdirect sent me free, GP Ultra batteries. Id say in total Ive used the torch 20mins xmas day before the batt indicator started blinking to say it was lower then 50% when the torch was on, but when I manually test it when its off, it blinks 3 times to say the batts are over 50%

Id say I have used the torch 45mins in total now and the blinking has speeded up now to indicate the batts are getting quite low, but still when I manually test it when its off, its still saying its over 50% battery life. So I dont know what to make of that, its probably down to not very good batteries Im guessing, but might as well carry on using the batts untill torch starts to go dim, and then put some good duracells in, and see if the batt indicator gives a more accurate reading.

But sometime soon I am going to buy 2 sets of 1900mAh panasonic eneloop batteries for the torch, so hopefully these should be better then alkaline batteries.

But 1 warning to all, never buy or use one of these high powered LED torches if your going to go back to the old standard torch, because you just wont be able to use a standard torch again and be satisfied with the brightness, beam and flood. Because going back to my old bulb torch from my Ultrafire C8, I had to keep on checking that is was still a bright light comming from the torch, because the beam it produced was just sooooooooo poor. So this was the reason I just had to try again with another bright LED torch

Before I used one of these LED torches I was more then happy with the brightness of my old bulb torch and I didnt get how a torch much smaller then mine could be brighter:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom