Spec me an LED Torch

Soldato
That’s great. Thanks for that ! I got a relatives birthday coming up soon, this could be a great present.

On another note, I have also just purchased a nitecore TUP to keep in the car for emergency lighting !

Soldato
Just what's available on banggood.

It steps down pretty quick from the highest setting at 1m 50s.

Doesn't get hot so they could have really pushed that further.

Soldato
It certainly gets some good reviews.
The ability to keep spare 18650s, for those moments when you forget to charge the torch before your shift, is always a winner. 1000+ lumens is good for most uses and some decent features.
Definitely one to shortlist, although many others are of very similar spec, these days.

Thanks for the reply! I was feeling impatient and it has been delivered today, initial impressions are very good and it certainly seems like a quality piece of kit! I'm almost tempted to go for a walk tonight to test it out, almost...

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I am looking for something waterproof and small to live in the top pocket of my walking daysack that will be a good all rounder and not drain away when its not in use

Soldato
Oh god. I can tell I'm going to turn into a torch nerd :). Why do I get so excited about technology stuff?

Someone linked me to the source code used in the BLF Q8, and now I want to try and customise it a bit.

Soldato
I am looking for something waterproof and small to live in the top pocket of my walking daysack that will be a good all rounder and not drain away when its not in use

I've got this, its a mini beast of a flashlight for a single AA. 0.09 lumens > 550 lumens
Multiple modes, beacon, strobe etc. only downside is the price really

https://www.flashaholics.co.uk/products/zebralight-sc5w-mk-ii.html

In other news my Astrolux FT03 arrived. A fraction of the cost but a fantastic flashlight for the cost. I do like the ramping mode and throw distance is puts out

Back
Top Bottom