Spec me an LED Torch

Soldato
There were a few. About the only things Nitecore really brought to it were funky styling and the LED display.
I also wouldn't say they increased in 'value', so much as Nitecore put the prices up overnight... and by a disproportionately massive hike, right before they brought out the TM26GT and then the TM28.

They seem to have learned their lesson, as a 4000 lumen Nitecore TM06S can be had for under £100.
I agree they're still not bad lights and Nitecore are generally still ahead of the curve, with things like the TUP and the TM10K... but that just gives other brands more time to work out the kinks and do it better.

The tm26gt wasn't as good, yeah the beam could travel further but only because it wasn't as floody as the tm26, the beam was more focused on the tm26gt.

I think the TM06S was about £150 when I were looking to upgrade, but I still went for the stupidly expensive tm26, even though the output lumens were the same, but I really wanted a decent sized light and the TM06S isnt much larger then my previous light the EA41.

Soldato
Ummm 15000lms for £100 really???, if you benchmark these to even a lower spec decent make of light (ie the TM26 for example), the lower spec of light will cr** all over it and last much longer.

I have been there and got the t-shirt.... Never again

Last edited:
Soldato
I cant believe you can get a true 15000lms light for £100
You've been there and got the t shirt most prob because you bought junk.
I did buy junk, real junk, it was a 1000lms ultrafire for £15 on amazon if I remember rightly and to be fair, how would you know how bright 1000lms was, if you haven't anything to compare it with. But it was loads, loads brighter then my incandescent light. The light worked really nicely, but it broke about 2months later.

That really put me off led lights and I went back to my old Incandescent light for a few week, but going back to a normal light it was just a yellow dull rubbish torch, that I thought was a pretty decent light.. So Id thought I would try again with a more expensive light, so I bought the nitecore EA41 (960lms) from a trusted site "torchdirect" for £60. The light was just in a different league then the Ultrafire. The feel and look of it just oozed quality and the beam was so much smoother and brighter, if that makes sense.

They say you get what you pay for and boy they are right when it comes to flashlights, plus the Ultrafire was probably fake what didnt help matters either.

Last edited:
Soldato
No doubt,, but how do you know it produces 15000lms and someone said the light lasts 3.5hrs at 12000lms really? My tm26 runs from 4x 18650 batteries and says just under a hr runtime when I select 4000lms.

Last edited:
Soldato
All lights step down from their highest setting as they can't sustain the heat the leds give out.

That light in question couldn't of stayed at 12000 lumens for 3.5 hours.

You can build a light box to measure lumens.

Soldato
All lights step down from their highest setting as they can't sustain the heat the leds give out.

That light in question couldn't of stayed at 12000 lumens for 3.5 hours.

You can build a light box to measure lumens.

even if the light stepped down to half of the 12000lms, it still wouldnt last anywhere near 3.5hrs and if it did you would need more battery power. So that tells me that the lumens are a lot lower then advertised or the LED's are stupidly efficient and where are you going to get a stupidly efficient light from for £100? Its just not going to happen guys.

But going back to my original question,, Where can you get a 100% genuine 15000lms light for £100 from, and the answer is, you can't.

Last edited:
Soldato
I should have bought the ultrafire from the manufacture, then at least I would have know it was real. But we all want something for nothing, even me.. I was going to buy my nitecore tm26 from a different country as it was much cheaper, but then I change my mind at the last few mins of ordering.. I am glad I did even though it costed me loads more, because a few weeks ago the charger fell apart and "touch direct" got intouch with nitecore on the same day and the following day the replacement charger came in the post.... How about that for service?

I think my tm26 is guaranteed for 5yrs with torch direct.

Soldato
I have asked people on the candlepower forum about the light and a member says..........

Astrolux quality is good overall. Only thing you're really missing out on is driver. Nitecore might implement some buck drivers, while Astrolux sticks with fet+linear for max output and lower cost. High output monsters like these demand unprotected 18650s, and good quality unprotected 18650s can handle tons of amp draw, there is no concern there.

Can't compare beams between the optics of the MS01S and the TM26 multi-reflector. They are two very different beast, neither better than the other. Both are going to be equally as good. Multi reflector will produce smaller hotspot, large corona, flower-petal spill. Lots of tiny optics like the MF01S will create huge hotspot that throws, with minimal corona and spill.

Here's a video review of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QstlJiFXZc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QstlJiFXZc
So maybe Im wrong,, sorry guys.

Soldato
A question I asked over at candlepower forum, so I might aswel ask you guys too..........
How meny people actually use there light over a 1000lms anyway? I mainly use my tm26 at 700lms, if its much higher then that, it shines too brightly on objects, making them hard to see clearly.

Also someone made a good point about the MS01S...... Is it demo lumens or real lumens sustainable during the life of the battery. I don’t see the point of a lumen rating that only lasts 2 minutes

Soldato
Most flashlights step down from their highest settings after a min or two or they would just fry themselves.

Even your TM26 steps down from turbo to high.

Back
Top Bottom