Spec Me New Router?

Soldato
Dear OcUK of whom I've rarely posted on in the last couple of years but love nonetheless!

I'm currently on BT Internet, we live in a terrible place (middle of the mountains) so our maximum DL speed works out between 6 and 9 MB. That's AFTER recent line upgrades.

We currently have the BT Homehub 2.0, which to be frank, sucks major Richard. It regularly cuts out, both the wired and wireless connection, and only resetting it works. I've spoken to BT multiple times about it over the last few months and they always give me a "fix" which never works, and half the time insist resetting to default will work.

So I think I need to buy a new one. I know nothing about hardware, so is it actually possible to replace my Homehub with a good 3rd party router? If so, can anyone suggest some good ones. Since our internet connection is pretty poor, it doesn't need to be absolute top of the range. It DOES need to have wireless, as well as at least 3 wired connections. Preferably on the cheaper end of the scale, but it needs to be of good quality. I don't want to end up with the same issues I already have :p

Thanks in advance! <3

Back
Top Bottom