Spec me some ideal POIs around the south of France!

Man of Honour
Hello,

Long story short, I'm doing a bridal wear photo shoot along the French Riviera at the end of September and plan to sight-see for the rest of the week before and after this is done. We want to make the most of the locations nearby and see some amazing scenery, as well as drive along some amazing roads.

I know there are a many here who have driven around this part of Europe plenty of times, so am open to recommendations which I can plot and plan a route via.

So far I have:
- Millau Viaduct
- Route Napoleon
- Menton
- Saint-Tropez
- Hills above Monaco

Thanks!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Pau looks like it's just a city route with everyday traffic in it, that would be meh without the nice scenery surrounding it!

Rocamadour on street view looks like a nice winding hill climb with a few tunnels thrown in. There are cafes and stuff at the top, too.

Soldato
Put into google maps "871 Av Du Cap D'ail, La Turbie and there's a great viewing point around there.

Also go to Route de la Tête de Chien in the same area

Menton is nice for shots by the sea but not much else, likewise St. Tropez.

You could drive up to Sainte-Agnes: you get stunning views, likewise with the roads up from Menton towards Sospel and Breil-Sur-Roya.

The Grande Corniche (Boulevard de l'observatoire) from Nice to Eze is an absolute must - utterly stunning views and the road is normally deserted. I'd also be tempted to go up on the Col de Vence if you get the chance.

My photography skills aren't a patch on yours, but you get the idea

Col de Vence

IMG_0106.jpg

Bad photo even by my standards, but this is the Grand Corniche

IMG_0515.jpg

Mountain roads around Breil-Sur-Roya

IMG_1124.jpg

La Tête de Chien

IMG_1137.jpg

More la Tête de Chien

IMG_1145.jpg

Monaco harbour (Parking Pêcheurs) - police are normally OK with you hanging around and taking photos despite you not really being allowed to park there. Just make sure you stay within sight of the car.

IMG_1204.jpg

More Grand Corniche

IMG_1503.jpg

Sainte Agnes

IMG_1779.jpg

I've got loads more photos / details if you need it.

Soldato
Also the loop of Gorge du Verdon, Col de la Bonette (EDIT not Colombie) (highest col Europe, w/views of Mercantour Alpes)

Yes - Col de Vence then return via Gourdon up to plateau de Coursegoles.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Amazing^ Thanks both!

I'll add you on the eff book if that's ok, Callum told me you'd be the one to know! Eze was certainly on the mind as well after seeing photos on Google Images, so I'll add that on Maps as well as the others!

Soldato
To do either on your way there or your way back: Cluny and Chateau-Chinon. The Auverne is also nice. All three for the scenery, not the drive.

Man of Honour
OP
I should have said scenery alone would be fine too. It's gonna be a week, so we;d need some nice places like Tropoz/Menton and the like to stay and enjoy the atmosphere and food before moving on the morning after.

I think with all the above in mind, there's plenty to see now!

Back
Top Bottom