Spec me some peanuts

Soldato
No matter where I seem to get them from, they are hard and stale. Anywhere you can get good quality salted peanuts from?
KP nuts are usually pretty decent, but i always get the dry roasted version.

Got some Tesco own brand dry roasted peanuts recently and they are rock hard and not very flavorsome. Will definitely be sticking with KP in future.

Associate
peanuts are ****
cashews are where its at
Yeah I was a fan of KP Nuts until I tried Sensations Peanuts. *snip*
Both correct.

If you don't mind different flavors I'm quite partial to the tesco sweet chili peanuts and "Coated" peanuts however if you just want plain salted then Tesco (Value) Cashews are pretty reasonable for the price :)

Man of Honour
KP nuts are usually pretty decent, but i always get the dry roasted version.

Got some Tesco own brand dry roasted peanuts recently and they are rock hard and not very flavorsome. Will definitely be sticking with KP in future.

Tesco's own brand dry roasted are my all time favourite, absolutely love them and you can tell by the size of my belly.

Soldato
(a happy customer) if you are down south grape tree shops have good quality nuts at reasonable prices.
Personally would like to become more familiar with the flavour/texture of macadaemia nuts - but these are damn expensive so its usually cashews.

Soldato
I like to think of myself as a nut connoisseur. I reckon I could live on nuts if the apocalypse comes.

Anyway, salted peanuts. Very hard to find good ones these days. I find KP far too salty and often 'undercooked'. Lidl are sort of ok and very different to a lot out there. Not too salty and towards the harder end/ almost overcooked but, I sort of prefer that these days.
My favourite recently have been Planters lightly salted, especially as I'm trying to watch my salt intake anyway. They are very light on salt and once your palate adjusts to a lower salt diet, you start to really notice how over salted loads of things are.
The only problem is, hardly anywhere seems to sell them now!

Planters also used to do the best dry roasted peanuts, but I think the recipe has changed now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom