Spec Me - watercooling bits and bobs w/ new case

Associate
Hi Guys,
I'm going to have a foray in to the world of water cooling this was spurred on by the recent reviews of the H80 and H100 from Corsair which led me to many benchmark results where it was pitted unsuccessfully against custom loops and the XSPC H20 range by a reasonable margin.

Now currently I have a rather cramped Antec P182 case which is less than amazing internally in terms of space for a rad, tubing, pump and such and I don't wish to attach anything externally (it likely requires modding the chassis which is very aesthetically pleasing) as occasionally I take it out to LAN events.

So the requirements are:

QUIET
New Case
Water cooling bits
All housed internally without (much) modding if possible

I would set a budget but I'm a bit clueless so Ill put a £500 starting bid and go from there.

I would like to cool my GTX 480 reference design, Chipset NB (gigabyte GA-x58a-ud3 rev 2.0)and CPU i930 currently oc to 4.2 ghz HT off as quietly as possible.

New case size isn't an issue like an antec 1200 so if anyone would like to point me in the right direction it would be muchly appreciated.

Soldato
Two possibilities that would work really well that i'm familiar with.

TJ07 £200
SR-1 480 £100
Pump £50
CPU and GPU blocks £120
res £30
Other stuff £40

Bit over budget

HAF X £130
SR-1 360 £75
D5 Pump £90
Blocks £120
res £30
Everything else £60

That's in your budget (£5 over)

Soldato
I'd be surprised if you got a pump for £50, unless you got it second hand. i'd expect more along the lines of £65-90 depending on the pump.
Also if you can find them I believe the XSPC 480 full cover blocks are down to £40 as they're end-of-line. they seem to get positive reviews as well with performance around the EK block levels. Arguably not as nice to look at though.

Back
Top Bottom