1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spec me

Discussion in 'Motors' started by crazyDAJT, 24 Apr 2010.

1. crazyDAJT

Wise Guy

due to some last night antics of some stupid joy riders smashing into my bothers other 1/2 car at 3am in morning... I have had to had over the keys for my borrowed mica as they need a car.

I was getting around to wanting to buy a car, but I have had just dropped a big wedge on a house deposit. so I have a small lake of immediate funds.

I'm a bit lost for what i want.

I was planing to give it another year and was looking initial at something a bit pricier and quick. preferably RW drive. audi TT or A4, BMW 3 second hand lotus. etc. I want a car that fun to drive but not a boy racer car as I do a reasonable amount of business mileage, so i occasionally need to look professional.

so was thinking of downgrading my horizons.

If I was buying new I think I would be looking between 11-16K. was thinking fiat 500 abarth but this looks to chav. the Renault Twingo 113 looks cool and although not as fast is supposed to handle well. a hot hatch sounds like a good idea.

I'm open to options.

was also contemplating the idea of leasing a car, but don't know if this is actually a viable option.

Last edited: 24 Apr 2010
  2. TS7

Mobster

VXR, ST?

I'd for a second hand 535d M Sport for around that price or an M3. Maybe an S3.

3. nanospider

Gangster

+
    =
    :confused:

Why not just pick up something cheap to last you the year and follow your original idea. If you finance/lease now your stuck with a car for 2/3/4 years that it dosn't seem like you'd really want?

4. Thomas. PLease.

Soldato

I don't think an M3 is a good idea. No offence, but you don't exactly seem the sort that really knows a great deal about cars. The running costs of an M3 i'm pretty sure would not be something to be taken on lightly. Especially when coming from a micra.

You should think about exactly how much you want to spend, and your budget for running costs. The cars you mention vary a LOT. An M3 is a pretty special super coupe, a renault twingo is a warmish hatch, running costs for these are going to be vastly different.

5. crazyDAJT

Wise Guy

didn't say I wanted an M3. now that would silly. also due to lack of bank balance a bit unrealistic

6. crazyDAJT

Wise Guy

I was thinking this. but if I buy a cheep banger now I will never get rid of it. I can also afford a new car so why not get one. i don't mind getting a slower lower spec car for 3-4 years, the micra was actually quite fun to drive.

just a shame my new house does not have a garage or i would have just brought my GT6 and used that for a year