• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Spec my son a graphics card 150 pound budget

Associate
Hi all,

Been out of computers and gaming for a long time now so not sure what would be best, my son only has a rig with a PCI-express 2.0 16x port.

We have 150 pound to spend and my son isn't so much a first person shooter player but big into Minecraft and driving games, also likes his simulators.

What would you suggest?

Associate
yes but 1060 is 220+ ? and 980 is around 150(i suggest evga for thier warranty). If u game at 1080p 60Hz you do not need anything more

Associate
whats the rest of the system?

This is a really important question. There is no point putting a €80-150 GPU into the PC if it's some old Core 2 Duo machine for example.

Driving games, simulators and minecraft aren't the most taxing things in the world and mostly would run OK on an old PC but it might make more sense to buy a €40 2nd hand graphics card if it is some old PC like Core 2 Duo/first generation i3.

If it's 2nd gen i5 or above then it's perfectly fine for a GTX1050/1050ti really.

Back
Top Bottom