Specialized Allez Elite - 2013 - Stock wheel upgrade?

Soldato
Hi all,

Enjoy my bike, yes not amazing spec but for me, its been solid for the years i have had it.

2013/4 spec Tiagra group set stuff - does me fine for my casual rides.

I wanted to upgrade the stock wheels but didn't want to break the bank.

Anyone got suggestions on something i could look for 2nd hand that would be worth it?

didn't really want to spend more than £1-150 - after a bargain but suitable upgrade.

Any help would be great.

Soldato
Easton EA90 SL or SLX - one of the lightest aluminium wheelsets you will find and you can pick them up for £150-£200. Have a look on eBay etc and they are always kicking around.

I just sold a set of great condition SLX for £150 on Facebook which is absolute bargain for how solid and light these wheels are.

If you can go to £200 then buy these brand new - https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/prime-baroudeur-alloy-wheelset/rp-prod187135

You can get them for £190 if you get someone to give you their BC discount code. If you want one, let me know as I'll be glad to give you mine for the month of July as no intention to use it this month.

Soldato
OP
Easton EA90 SL or SLX - one of the lightest aluminium wheelsets you will find and you can pick them up for £150-£200. Have a look on eBay etc and they are always kicking around.

I just sold a set of great condition SLX for £150 on Facebook which is absolute bargain for how solid and light these wheels are.

If you can go to £200 then buy these brand new - https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/prime-baroudeur-alloy-wheelset/rp-prod187135

You can get them for £190 if you get someone to give you their BC discount code. If you want one, let me know as I'll be glad to give you mine for the month of July as no intention to use it this month.

thanks bud, everyone seems to mention Zonda's but really for me im just trying to find best bang for buck right now.

Soldato
Can't go wrong with the above - buying new you'll get the warranty and backing from Wiggle (who produce/build the Prime brand) so should have no issues with any problems.

Back
Top Bottom