1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speed cameras

Discussion in 'Motors' started by ScoobyDoo69, 11 Jul 2006.

1. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

Ok, so yesterday driving on a road that I drive on almost everyday, going through a 30 speed camera, i got flashed towards the end. 28-29mph on the speedo 46-47kmph on the GPS (I have it in km due to prefering the metres measurement when following directions.)
    Now I go through this all the time, I know I wasn't speeding, as I know I'm not stupid enough as I know the road too well.
    I am not sure if the car behind me was in the lines yet, so at the moment am really annoyed that this camera flashed me (if it was me.)
    What do I, or should I do if I get a ticket through the post, do I appeal? and on what grounds would I do so.
    This would really really annoy me if I got points for speeding, when I know for sure that I wasn't :mad:

Anyone else had this sort of situation?
    cheers

ScoobyDoo69

2. L0rdMike

Capodecina

If you wasnt speeding you wont get a ticket, simple.

Had a situation my self when the car next to me set one off, never got anything.

3. Serj

Mobster

Pretty much. They'll count the number of lines you crossed aswell, which obviously shouldn't be enough to say you were speeding.

4. Sirrel Squirrel

Sgarrista

ditto, same goes if you set one off on the other side of the road, done that many a time but I was actually speeding

5. merlin

Capodecina

Hagley road cameras gone off on me three times now, triggered by some blind numpty - never had anything in the post.

6. WILD9

Wise Guy

I had one go off on me on a blind corner facing the other way at night whilst under the speed limit, nedless to say having a camera flash go off it my face as I rounded the corner in the dark nearly put me into the ditch.

7. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

sorry that made me laugh a lot haha.

this was definitely behind me, i was just so shocked to see it go off, really bugged me all my drive home :(

8. thefullcollapse

Hitman

well if u dont get a ticket by a fortnight afterwards they cant do anything

9. Sirrel Squirrel

Sgarrista

They can't do anything anyway because he wasn't speeding, they'll just look at the two photographs and work out that he was doing under 30.