Speeding - Arghhh!

Soldato
No, I wouldn't say I was big and hard behind the wheel. If people drove properly and used their indicators/fog lights/mirrors appropriately, I wouldn't get annoyed and flash my lights/beep my horn would I?

So you're saying, if someone cut you up with just inches to spare, you would just think "oh well, that person nearly took out my front wing, nevermind" and not even give them a few flashes of the headlights etc?

Ok, so it's totally different than some person not indicating for a junction I know, but if some nutcase cut you up and stopped dead in the road because you beeped your horn at him... then YOU would be in that situation... so what would you do?

Permabanned
Someone didn't indicate, so you accelerate hard and put your full beam lights on to dazzle him. That is DANGEROUS and STUPID. If, for example, someone bumped into you in the street, or knocked you with their umbrella would you start screaming and shouting at them! No you wouldn't! But behind your wheel, in your safe metal box, no-one can harm you. You can do what the hell you want with no consequences. You can beep, you can flash your headlights, you can shine your lights in their mirror and dazzle them.

You make me laugh. And if you think that is acceptable behaviour, you shouldn't have a driver's license.

Associate
I can suddenly remember why I don't come here as often as I used to.

YAWN!

Sorry, but if someone cuts me up, I feel sorry for them. They have a crap ability to drive and eventually will get done for wreckless driving when they cause an accident.

To do as you did, chase them down and flash your main beam, in a foggy situation is quite frankly as dangerous as what they did. Why don't you try growing up and accept that not everyone on the road is as good as you at driv.....oh wait, what did you do again?

Associate
I guess the both of you are just absolute angels on the road then.[/auote]

Quite frankly, that is a pathetic statement to make!

Exactly where do I say I am the perfect driver? I make mistakes like everyone does.....in fact, VERY MUCH LIKE THAT CORSA DID!

Shock horror eh?

Soldato
LOL! If you're going to call me stupid, at least read my post again.

Please tell me where in the above statement did I ever say I raced after them?

I put my foot down a bit to catch up.

Now who looks stupid :p

Also where did I say I do this all the time? How many threads have you seen from me titled "I just ran over some guy because he didn't indicate".

Also, I didn't flash my main beam, I just flicked the switch and left them on.

You guys call me stupid? Jesus, you really need to learn to read properly.

Permabanned
You put your foot down with the intention of catching up with him. That sounds like chasing after him to me! Pure symantecs!

And yes, I have read a few threads in which you have been stopped by the police for being a 'boy racer' and getting away with it by being polite to them. A guy with a metal bar is not going to stop pounding your head in if you start calling him 'Sir'. :rolleyes:

olv

olv

Soldato
agw_01 said:
You guys call me stupid? Jesus, you really need to learn to read properly.

and you clearly need to learn how to manage your road rage :o just chill out, people are lazy when it comes to drive it.

and with regards the original topic, if you are going to do 120+mph for an extended period then you really should be prepared to pay the consequences if caught. I don't believe going that speed is inherently dangerous but don't moan if you lose your license :p

Soldato
Oh, so I'm a boy racer now am I?

Funny, I don't remember ever overtaking on bends when there's oncoming traffic or causing danger to other road users.

Sure I like to put my foot down when it's safe to do so, and if I'm thinking of the right thread (my latest one about getting off without a fine) I think you'll find that I turned onto an empty road which goes straight for a mile or two.

So get your facts right before you start calling me a boy racer :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Erm.......of course you are causing danger to other road users. Or have you forgotten shining your full beam into the other drivers car? :rolleyes: What if someone crossed the road in front of him - he would not have seen that person in the road because of your 'revenge beams'.

Face it - you've lost this one. There is NO WAY you can justify your actions.

http://www.apa.org/pubinfo/anger.html

Soldato
Face it - you've lost this one.

LOL, fine, you won. What makes it all worthwhile is that you went to all that trouble just to prove me wrong.

Shows how pathetic you really are :)

Oh and btw, I doubt there would have been people walking across the road at 2am in a quiet part of town.

Nite nite.

Permabanned
agw_01 said:
LOL, fine, you won. What makes it all worthwhile is that you went to all that trouble just to prove me wrong.

Shows how pathetic you really are :)

Oh and btw, I doubt there would have been people walking across the road at 2am in a quiet part of town.

Nite nite.

Erm.....I didn't set out to prove you wrong. You proved yourself wrong.

Nite! ;) :D

Che

Che

Associate
I always lock the doors in my car, any nutter could come along and try to carjack you. I always make my girlfriend lock herself in the car and take the keys if I leave to get petrol for example.

Sometimes the police are very fair and sometimes they just tailgate people for fun :(

Soldato
I dont get that stuff with lights and speeding up to catch people.Just drive at your own pace if someone is going slow then so be it,wait for them to move out the way or whatever.MAybe they have just passed there test? Maybe they are an old bloke,them you can forgive.But just because you wanna be racing about like you playing a playstation then you dont deserve the privelage of driving.

ANYBODY can put their foot down,ANYBODY could smash you face in with a golf club ANYBODY could be killed because your doing XXmph in a YYmph limit! In the fog aswell FFS!

Back
Top Bottom