Speeding - Arghhh!

Associate
I had an incident with the police on saturday morning coming home from work.

I was giving a lift to 3 of my m8s and we're traveling along a 30mph road, i was talking and having a laugh and didnt realise i was going 40-45mph, i glanced in my mirror and see a white car with something on top of it, at first i thought it was a taxi untill it got closer.

I said to one of my m8s "is that a copper following me?". "Yes" he said. I was thinking "********" as i noticed the speed i was going, so i started to slow down to around 27-30mph.

He followed me a little more down this road then flashed all his lights, so i pull over. The cop however put his foot down and shot off past me down the road then turned his lights off :confused:

The (insert sweary) must have been taking the pee cos i slowed down and he was stuck behind me...?

Soldato
OP
The_Dark_Side said:
you must have the most complicated car ever....my speedo just shows miles per hour but yours displays speed in root form??
;)
It keeps me on my toes ;)

(A bit too much on the right toe, it seems)

Soldato
Whoah, some major hostility in this thread!

Those sort of speeds you could get really shafted. When I've done it something that has been in my mind is I am heading towards things so quickly that it seems almost a blur, and if somebody starts to pull out I would have no chance.

Permabanned
yeah it annoys me too when people dont indicate at roundabouts but I normally just give em a hoot when they go past, i dont flash my lights at them or speed up their arse down the road, I did that once to one guy he stopped dead got out with his mate I drove off he kicked my door in as a drove away, if I had got out of my car they would have killed me, learn from experience if they want to drive with their genitals then let, one day this BMW over took me on a sharp corner at speed I thought what a **** round the next bend he was in a tree so payback comes to those that wait

Soldato
MrMoon said:
yeah it annoys me too when people dont indicate at roundabouts but I normally just give em a hoot when they go past, i dont flash my lights at them or speed up their arse down the road

I normally don't flash my headlights at anyone. I might give them a toot on the horn but most of the time I just swear to myself. On this one occasion I just felt like doing it. It was the dead of night and there was no other traffic around.

Of course, you always get someone who goes "OMGZ, YOU FLASHED YOUR LIGHTS AND SPED UP" and it makes me laugh, as I bet they've done/or will do the same.

Anyway, not meaning to start another argument I'm going to leave it there.

LOL @ that guy in the BMW though. Shame he had to learn the hard way.

I just realised I haven't even commented on the OPs posts. When I worked out the square root of 15,000 I really did think you were having a laugh! You're even luckier than me :eek: :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Xellos said:
I had an incident with the police on saturday morning coming home from work.

I was giving a lift to 3 of my m8s and we're traveling along a 30mph road, i was talking and having a laugh and didnt realise i was going 40-45mph, i glanced in my mirror and see a white car with something on top of it, at first i thought it was a taxi untill it got closer.

I said to one of my m8s "is that a copper following me?". "Yes" he said. I was thinking "********" as i noticed the speed i was going, so i started to slow down to around 27-30mph.

He followed me a little more down this road then flashed all his lights, so i pull over. The cop however put his foot down and shot off past me down the road then turned his lights off :confused:

The (insert sweary) must have been taking the pee cos i slowed down and he was stuck behind me...?

lol I was doing 60 in a 30 a few months ago, I quickly checked my rear view and saw blue lights flying towards me, bricking it I slowed down and started to pull over but they just kept going and went straight past me lol

Soldato
iCraig said:
I know how you feel about drivers who don't indicate, but isn't that just as, if not more, dangerous than somebody not indicating?

Yes, it's dangerous but I think people have got the wrong image.

It was the dead of night, no other cars around. I sped up a bit (didn't floor it) and was keeping quite a distance from his car.

It's not as though I was trying to kiss his rear bumper.

Not having a go at you btw, just putting a few points across :)

Permabanned
Che said:
I always lock the doors in my car, any nutter could come along and try to carjack you. I always make my girlfriend lock herself in the car and take the keys if I leave to get petrol for example.

(

Same as. :)

Back
Top Bottom