Speeding question - no proof

Soldato
Teledude said:
So its me and my gf saying I wasn't speeding vs the old bill saying I was in front of the man in the funny wig - this could be fun!

They will insinuate you are calling 2 police officers liars and wasting the court's time, if they find you guilty (which they will) they will throw the book at you for wasting the court's and police time. Expect a bigger fine and an award of costs against you.

Soldato
iCraig said:
Seems extremely harsh with no evidence. How fast were you actually going?

40mph... the told me on the roadside they judged it from my accelleration from standing that i must have done 70mph. when you calculate speeds and capabilities of the car within the distances they stated its impossible to do.

fine = £400
solicitor fees = £700

total = £1,100

the fine didnt bother me it was the fact that the police could lie AND get away with it which makes me mad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Teledude said:
So its me and my gf saying I wasn't speeding vs the old bill saying I was in front of the man in the funny wig - this could be fun!
Your gfs evidence is inadmissable because of bias. The coppers evidence will be seen as two independant expert witnesses, which if they corroborate mean you're screwed, sorry to say.

Soldato
Phantom said:
......it was the fact that the police could lie AND get away with it which makes me mad.

Yeah, In the eyes of the courts, Police are always right. Its really unfair that they are allowed to just say you were speeding because their opinion is always based on the noise of the car rather than its actual speed.
My dad got pulled because they said he accelerated quickly from the traffic light and he should watch his speed etc. laughably he didn't exceed 28mph before they stopped him.
The thing is, its pointless going to court because they will only stitch you up in the end and it costs you a lot more in fines.

Associate
Phantom said:
youre wrong. the exact same thing happened to me... accused me of doing 70, then 65 then 60 officially written on the ticket on a 40pmh road. no proof and 2 officers. they asked me what speed i was doing i said 40. they told me i wasnt. when i said i wasnt speeding, they said "we'll see you in court" and laughed in my face. so i did. even though the police officers statements contradicted each other AND on paper it was impossible to achieve what they accused me of AND i had a solicitor, i still lost. magistrates are blind to the fact that the police are infallable. ended up with a big fine and 3 points.

to be honest its not worth the hassle mate. £60 and 3 points and try not to let it get to you :(

i aggree. 3pts and a fine, or a day off work, aggro and still a fine and 3 pts.

Back
Top Bottom