Speeding??

Man of Honour
Gribs said:
They don't tend to have speed cameras on them though and if the op can miss a big yellow box and the asociated road markings then he probably wasn't driving safely.

so you beleave they put speed cameras where there are actually acidents? not in the locations most likely to gain revenue? blimey someones done a spin job on you nicely :)

And not all bright yellow boxes are exactly easy to spot

Associate
All the recent ones have to have had a certain number of recorded accidents in the local area. I do see their function as revenue generation but only from stupid or unobservent people which I believe is fair enough.

They have to be clearly visible from a certain distance for them to be legal. I think it's about 100m but it may be more.

Caporegime
Yea this road has had 3 incidents on, one involved 3 women fighting with handbags.....

Its all total and utter BS, i know of load of cameras hidden by trees and the such, nothing but money making boxes.

So what they are saying is putting a speed camera in that area will make the whole road safer, erm no, speed upto first white line speed after last white line so i'm safer for 50 yards......

Associate
OP
Ok it was on the A1 after archway there is like a turn then it goes up a hill there is 3 lane one bus and a duel carrage way either side of a partition.
I was chasing another motorbike and had just started slowing the road was clear no other traffic and visability was 100%
But yes I am a bit of a spoon I know my bike is faster than most so I shouldn't have to prove it

Permabanned
Rear shooting Gatsos (i.e. the most common) is as follows:

One flash.........................................SAFE

Two flash.........................................You're OUT

Back
Top Bottom