Speedtouch 330 not initializing USB port?

Soldato
I've got a small problem with this system. When the system starts, the Speedtouch tray icon is trying to sync up (yellow icon) and both lights on the modem are solid green.
It doesn't alter from this state, Dr. Speedtouch can't detect the modem.

If I unplug the modem, and plug it back in again all is fine. Line sync's up, and we're away.

The problem seems to be between the Drivers, the Modem and Windows USB. It doesn't appear to be initializing the modem properly at startup.

I'm using the latest drivers from the speedtouch site, although I have to use the Extended reach ones, as the line isn't stable with the normal ones (it's a long line, but this isn't the cause of the problem).

Does anybody know the solution to this problem? I've reinstalled a number of times, and tried the modem in different ports to no avail.

If it makes any difference, there are multiple (4) user accounts on the system, so it is booting to the logon screen not straight into Windows.

Cheers

Soldato
Goto options for the USB root hub that the modems connected to and goto the power management tab and make sure that the option to turn off this device to save power is un-ticked.

Soldato
Probably not what you want to hear, and probably not that helpful, but I'd recommend just getting an ethernet router, and ditching the USB modem - it'll save you a load of headaches as (apart from the ethernet interface) no drivers are required.

Soldato
OllyM said:
Probably not what you want to hear, and probably not that helpful, but I'd recommend just getting an ethernet router, and ditching the USB modem - it'll save you a load of headaches as (apart from the ethernet interface) no drivers are required.

Thats an option, but I would recommend to try using a mains powered usb hub with the modem first.

Soldato
OP
OllyM said:

I will be replacing it with a router at some point, but I did want to sort this in the mean time. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom