Spider-Man (PS4)

Soldato
Doubt I'll buy it - doesn't seem to be my thing but it was one of the gameplay trailers that really opened my eyes at E3. I thought it looked great and for those whinging about QTE'S, well what do you expect? Good luck aiming at the terrain and swinging about in full real time.

Some things need QTE'S and I hope they haven't gone too overboard with them.

Soldato
Have to say I'm interested as a moderate Spidey fan. If it's even remotely like the PS2 game or has the atmosphere of the comics, I'll gladly bite. Can't say I hate what I'm seeing.

Soldato
The nailed the open world Spiderman controls with the 2nd movie game (probably one of the best super hero games, still) so hopefully they can get it to work just as well as that, but looking as good as the above:D

Associate
Sep 7th :cool:

This really does look like it could be excellent. Seems like the devs are passionate Spider-man fans, which makes me more excited.
With RDR2 dropping end of Oct, Autumn is shaping up nicely!

Associate
Some snippets from an interview with the creative director on Gameinformer:
  • A photo mode will be included
  • There are lots of collectibles
  • Elements of Spider-Man's moveset are customisable
  • There's a crafting system, which we believe is related to Spidey's suit
  • Spider-Man levels up in this game
  • The game is locked at 30 frames per second, and will of course feature PS4 Pro support
  • The subway acts as the fast travel system
  • The open world is several times larger than Insomniac's Xbox exclusive Sunset Overdrive
  • You won't be rescuing balloons or delivering pizzas, and Bruce Campbell sadly doesn't cameo this time
  • You'll play as Mary Jane in this game
  • You can't hurt civilians, but you can interact with them in fun ways, such as taking selfies or giving them high fives

Also, there'll be three post-launch chapters with "new missions, new villains and characters, and additional suits for Spider-Man".

Sources - http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/04/spider-man_ps4_includes_photo_mode_excludes_microtransactions

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...-collectors-digital-deluxe-editions-detailed/

Back
Top Bottom