Spitting Image to be relaunched!

Soldato
Its either gona have to be very anti pc to be like it was or semi pc and not be as good. I dont think they can do it, times have changed too much. They probs need voice actors like chris barry etc to come back for the nostalgia.

Soldato
Been living under a rock? :p

No, not at all. If he's on about Andrew then I'm just wondering why the OP is accusing someone who had sex with a legally aged girl of being a paedophile. Pretty sure that's considered libellous and could land them, and this forum, in a lot of trouble if it was seen by the right people.

Soldato
No, not at all. If he's on about Andrew then I'm just wondering why the OP is accusing someone who had sex with a legally aged girl of being a paedophile. Pretty sure that's considered libellous and could land them, and this forum, in a lot of trouble if it was seen by the right people.

Haha get a grip :rolleyes:

Soldato

Ahahaha! Awesome.

Soldato
Unlike back in the day, the establishment is now Neo Liberal, so unless you are going to at least take some pops at it rather than being “right on” it won’t work.

Also twitter memes move so fast now, how will it stay relevant as the jokes will have been done online days before you see them regurgitated here.

Permabanned
Unlike above I don't think it's got anything to do with the 'politics of today' or whatever perceived minefield there is to tread politically. All this existed back then, just for different things. I think it's more that it took a genius like Morris or Iannucci to do something half original to begin with. They've tread so much of that ground already (Iannucci still is) and this generation have the tools to satirise almost instantly through social media and 'meme' culture.
Can't see that a new Spitting Image will be anything other then mildly embarrassing to be quite honest. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Soldato
I also think that this wont work in this modern era, for three main reasons:

1. the lack of original, edgy, off the wall, creative talent when it comes to satire.

2. the blandness of the current crop of politicians, celebraties and sportspeople.

3. fear of being politically incorrect. Cant make fun of people's looks or personalities so much any more. The only show I know of that gets away with it is Have I Got News For You, and thats only because of Merton and Hislop.

Cummings as an evil genius is just too obvious, and in some ways flattering to him instead of making fun of him. Same with Boris as a bumbling buffoon. That's already his character so nothing original there.

95% chance of this being crap i think.

Permabanned
I was still in primary school when it was on...going home with granny on a sunday after church bingo to give must a break from me grrrr….I watched it as a cartoon not a political agenda show

Soldato
As yet there is no air date for spitting image ?. just Autumn

seemed a good excuse to sign up for britbox free trial, once the entire series is available, and, hopefully the app will work OK on my Roku

Soldato
Another comedy, blast from the past, was back , on form, last night,

Character-based sketch comedy from Lenny Henry, featuring old favourites like Deakus (musing about Covid from his care home) and Brixton-based DJ Delbert Wilkins, who's with his mate Winston talking about homeschooling.

There's also new characters such as Mr Stone, the former Special Forces operative-turned-teacher, and paranoid Aaron, who sees crime everywhere. And there's an outtake from the Repair Shop, an appeal by parents who have been cancelled by their kids, and a debut from Northern grime artist The Yorkshire Moor, rapping about lockdown
our Richard Pryor ?

Soldato

Especially as Prince Andrew is already annoyed because of his queue position for his 3080.

Back
Top Bottom