Spitting Image to be relaunched!

Soldato
indeed trailer looks a bit rubbish - not worth a brit box trial until the whole series is online, or will they retire episodes quickly.
maybe some of the other characters will be good -

have they filmed it all, already ? so loosing some of the topicality of the original; I can't believe it has much market abroad.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/09/11/46881/spitting_image_reveals_launch_date_-_and_new_puppets
Puppets will include: Adele, Barack Obama, Billie Eilish, Boris Johnson, ‘Boris Baby’, The Johnson Dog, Brad Pitt, Camilla Duchess of Cornwall, Chrissy Teigen, Covid-19, Cristiano Ronaldo, Dominic Cummings, Dominic Raab, Donald Trump, Dwayne Johnson, Ed Sheeran, Elon Musk, Elton John, Emmanuel Macron, Greta Thunberg, Grimes, Gwyneth Paltrow, Harry Styles, Idris Elba, Ivanka Trump, Jacinda Ardern, James Corden, Jeff Bezos, Joe Biden, Jürgen Klopp, Kanye West, Keir Starmer, Kim Kardashian, Lewis Hamilton, Mark Zuckerberg, Matt Hancock, Meghan Duchess of Sussex, Melania Trump, Michael Gove, Michelle Obama, Narendra Modi, Oprah Winfrey, Piers Morgan, The Pope, Prince Andrew, Prince Charles, Prince Harry, Prince William, Priti Patel, The Queen, Richard Branson, Rishi Sunak, RuPaul, Taylor Swift, Tiger Woods, Tyson Fury, Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping.

This comedy show seems pretty good . i doubt spitting image idris will be as good
Idris Elba Can Do Anything | Famalam Series 3 On iPlayer Now

Soldato
not available on windows, roku, & my tv's not smart enough

Which smart TV sets and streaming devices do you support?
BritBox supports the following brands and models:

Apple TV - 4th Generation and above (2015 onwards); Support for Airplay on older AppleTV devices

Amazon Fire TV - including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Edition

Google Chromecast - All models

YouView (including BTTV and TalkTalk TV) - Devices since late 2014 (e.g. Humax DTR2000 and above)

Samsung - Models manufactured since 2016 (Tizen)

LG - Models manufactured since 2014 (WebOS 1.0 & above)

Panasonic - Premium ranges since 2015 including CX, DX, EX, EZ, FZ, GZ, HZ, FX700 & above, GX800 & above, HX800 & above

Sony - 2020 TV sets with YouView

JVC, Hitachi, Toshiba - Freeview Play compatible sets released since Autumn 2016

Bush, Logik, Polaroid & other sets manufactured by Vestel - Freeview Play compatible sets released since Autumn 2016. Brands include HiSense - 4K TV sets since 2018 FreeSat - 4K ready set top boxes (released 2020) NetGem - Netbox HD & Netbox 4K streaming boxes

Soldato
Only intended on checking it out, ended up watching the whole thing.

I thought it was great, very much so. Kept with the spirt of the original with the sing along at the end too.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Watched it twice through now. Thought it was pretty good, with the odd stand-out moment (the Lewis Hamilton puppet is spot on, so's the Greta Thunberg as weather reporter one). Soon as they stop holding back and really let loose they'll have a winner. The original show took a while to find the right level, I'm sure this team will get it fairly soon.

Soldato
so folks have already taken Britbox subscriptions ... I'm intrigued what is there, else, to watch ?
it might have given usa folks access to recent material they have never seen, but for folks in uk.

Soldato
I'm finding the situational comedy aspect of the characters quite amusing.
Some of the one-liner quips within a sketch are quite amusing.
However, the actual punchline/finale of a sketch is quite puerile.

Soldato
waiting for them to do Boris, isolating, at home participating in the PM's questions, and video calls,
hopefully with Carrie (names unfortunate) being Cummings/megamind reincarnation, kinda like the exorcist.

How are the subscriptions levels on Britbox ... this stuff will mean nothing on freeview in 6 months time.

Soldato
Got a free sub with EE so given this a watch.

Jacinda Ardern and Lewis Hamilton are great.
The Fairytales for white folk sketch is pretty cool too.

Back
Top Bottom