1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Meet

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by davestar_delux, 5 Mar 2006.

1. davestar_delux

Mobster

I notice there are a few that happen in GD every so often. Anyone ever thought of having one from here?

If anyone's interested in it, I was thinking sometime during the world cup getting a game of five a sides during the day then watch a World Cup match whilst consuming some beverages in the evening.

It's just an idea, I do understand some people may actually go to the World Cup itself or be interested in sports other than football.

Feedback.

2. Royality

Mobster

Well you are in Glasgow, I am in Berkshire, distances (at least for me) say no. :(

3. G|mp

PermaBanned

Its a nice idea but were all a bit spread out :/

4. HangTime

Man of Honour

Was discussed a couple of years ago, with somewhere like Nottingham (IIRC) mentioned as a possible venue. Was gonna be a pitch booked for a match and everything. From people who still post, I know Gilly, DP and atpbx(?) at least were planning on attending.

I think the real killer was trying to find a location which suited people from all over the country and getting enough people who can make a specific weekend when taking other commitments (e.g. playing for/watching your team) into account.