Spotify to Buy Arsenal

Don
Good to see Arsenal supporters asking so many questions of this guy and his twitter based takeover bid.

Not that Kroenke will sell for anything other than a crazy offer but how does this guy, who has no where near £2bn+ in cash, plan to fund the takeover?

Soldato
If its only likely to increase in value in the future why would they sell now? If its currently turning a profit and increasing in value then the offer would have to be huge to even make them consider.

Short answer is they don’t have or need to sell. But it should be obvious to them by now that unless the squad gets major investment we’re never gonna get anywhere.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Good to see Arsenal supporters asking so many questions of this guy and his twitter based takeover bid.

Not that Kroenke will sell for anything other than a crazy offer but how does this guy, who has no where near £2bn+ in cash, plan to fund the takeover?

How did the Glazers buy United? Is that no longer allowed? It ******* well shouldn't be but it wouldn't surprise me if it is.

Short answer is they don’t have or need to sell. But it should be obvious to them by now that unless the squad gets major investment we’re never gonna get anywhere.

Did they buy it with sporting success in mind. It sure doesn't seem that way from their lack of investment and lack of ambition. A top 6 PL club that gets CL reasonably regularly will be making good money if they aren't spending big.

Soldato
Man is serious

This will get nowhere but at least it makes the Kroenkes look as incompetent as they actually are. From the twilight Wenger years onwards the backroom staff has been a disastrous merry-go-round since Gazidis left.

Caporegime
Ceo of spotify needs to sort out fair royalties for artists before he thinks of coming anywhere near a football club
So what would you recommend? Currently I have what I’d imagine is a relatively small playlist of around 370 songs, 20 minutes shy of 24 hours of songs. While I get that the amount paid to artists is very very small, it has to be to make Spotify a viable company. Even if Spotify paid a penny per song to an artist I’d be looking at a monthly subscription of £35 per month. Or rather I wouldn’t, because I, and millions of others, would cancel and go back to piracy. I have heard that some artists get something like 0.00001p per stream. However, given that Ed Sheehan’s Shape of You has been streamed 2.7 billion times Spotify has still paid him millions of pounds. During the week when I’m WFH I listen to that playlist almost exclusively too so I’ve probably contributed pennies to artists. Besides they make most of their money via touring and merchandise these days.

Soldato
So what would you recommend? Currently I have what I’d imagine is a relatively small playlist of around 370 songs, 20 minutes shy of 24 hours of songs. While I get that the amount paid to artists is very very small, it has to be to make Spotify a viable company. Even if Spotify paid a penny per song to an artist I’d be looking at a monthly subscription of £35 per month. Or rather I wouldn’t, because I, and millions of others, would cancel and go back to piracy. I have heard that some artists get something like 0.00001p per stream. However, given that Ed Sheehan’s Shape of You has been streamed 2.7 billion times Spotify has still paid him millions of pounds. During the week when I’m WFH I listen to that playlist almost exclusively too so I’ve probably contributed pennies to artists. Besides they make most of their money via routing and merchandise these days.
Spotify quite famously pay artists notably less than other major streaming services, though.
https://soundcharts.com/blog/music-streaming-rates-payouts

Caporegime
Spotify quite famously pay artists notably less than other streaming services, though.
Because they’re the biggest. Artists have tried gatekeeping their music on other services like Tidal but capitulate eventually and go back to Spotify. Even Jay-Z who launched Tidal has his music on Spotify again, as does Taylor Swift.

Soldato
Because they’re the biggest. Artists have tried gatekeeping their music on other services like Tidal but capitulate eventually and go back to Spotify. Even Jay-Z who launched Tidal has his music on Spotify again, as does Taylor Swift.
Yes, I get that. Obviously it works for their business. My point was in response to your question about how they can afford to pay artists more. Clearly other streaming services manage it, and there's no reason that Spotify can't other than it being in a position to abuse its market dominance.

Soldato
I have close links to someone who had a number one album and has 14mil listens a month on Spotify. Not a millionaire.

To be fair their popularity is maybe 3 years old.

I don’t know what you want me to say? There’s owners of clubs that are raping their countries resources and you guys are digging out a bloke for playing a few tunes. If you’re an artist nowadays you earn the money from touring.

Soldato
I don’t know what you want me to say? There’s owners of clubs that are raping their countries resources and you guys are digging out a bloke for playing a few tunes. If you’re an artist nowadays you earn the money from touring.
I don't agree to that either but what tunes is he playing exactly? It's been well known for some time they are paying anywhere near what they should be.

Soldato
I don't agree to that either but what tunes is he playing exactly? It's been well known for some time they are paying anywhere near what they should be.

I have no idea who is on there and who isn’t. I’ve only ever used Spotify for the occasional Joe Rogan podcast, the idea that anyone would pay to listen to music is baffling to me.

Back
Top Bottom