Spotify to Buy Arsenal

Man of Honour
No idea if this would be a good or bad thing, I just hope it gets resolved quickly because I wouldn't want to go into the summer with uncertainty over club ownership which could then in term impact on recruitment strategy etc. E.g. if the owners are considering selling then they might not want to find player purchases, contract renewals etc

Caporegime
No idea if this would be a good or bad thing, I just hope it gets resolved quickly because I wouldn't want to go into the summer with uncertainty over club ownership which could then in term impact on recruitment strategy etc. E.g. if the owners are considering selling then they might not want to find player purchases, contract renewals etc

It will be more of the same. People think that change of owners will solve the issue but the issue is you needed a buyer of Roman/Sheik level as that is the only way you are going to match spending level of City & PSG. The Spanish clubs have tried and are basically bankrupt now. It all started ten years ago but is really coming into fruition now and covid has basically brought it forward.

Clubs like Arsenal need to go back to basics and recruit from youth, get a decent manager in. Someone like Steve Potter or Bielsa and work from there.

They also need to learn a lesson from us who failed miserably with wages and get rid of the dead wood.

Man of Honour
Yeah this is my worry, people always want a scapegoat for any fall from grace and owners of often an easy target. I have no idea how the average fan on the street knows what makes a good/bad owner until they've actually seen them in action.

It's interesting how fickle fans are, just do a search on this subforum for "kroenke", skip back to old posts and it's full of fans saying "hope Kroenke launches a takeover soon" "need to get rid of Usamanov" etc.

Caporegime
Yeah this is my worry, people always want a scapegoat for any fall from grace and owners of often an easy target. I have no idea how the average fan on the street knows what makes a good/bad owner until they've actually seen them in action.

It's interesting how fickle fans are, just do a search on this subforum for "kroenke", skip back to old posts and it's full of fans saying "hope Kroenke launches a takeover soon" "need to get rid of Usamanov" etc.

Exactly Arsenal have reasonable low debt levels and have always spent money historically and isn't their stadium all paid for? Pepe was what 70 million+, Partey was what 50 million? They have lost huge amounts on Ozil and Mustafi. If anyone is to blame it is whoever controls transfer policy.

It is nice to see Saka & Niles coming through but that has happened more out of desperation rather than anything.

Don
LFC are over 150 million in debt

arsenal are not
Liverpool have external debt of £197m with £149m of that sitting as cash in the bank - leaving them with a net debt of £48m (excluding directors loans to FSG). Arsenal have external debt of £194m with £110m in cash in the bank - leaving them with a net debt of £84m (excluding directors loans to your owners). On top of that Liverpool owe £76m in transfer fees to other clubs but are owed £66m - a net debt of £10m. Arsenal owe £154m and are owed just £47m - a net debt of £110m.

Man of Honour
OP
Exactly Arsenal have reasonable low debt levels and have always spent money historically and isn't their stadium all paid for? Pepe was what 70 million+, Partey was what 50 million? They have lost huge amounts on Ozil and Mustafi. If anyone is to blame it is whoever controls transfer policy.

It is nice to see Saka & Niles coming through but that has happened more out of desperation rather than anything.

100%

Our transfer policy has massively hindered us, not recovering any cash from those two and the constant running down of contracts over the last decade have really hampered what we can spend. Contrast this with a team like liverpool who can sell ice to eskimos.

Back
Top Bottom