Spuds, Pasta & Rice?

Associate
holly35 said:
I want to cut them odwn because my whole diet is pretty much made up of them, and I know thats why I find it hard to lose weight/keep a good weight because i dont do enough exercise to burn all my carbs off! Im not cutting out carbs im just avoiding bread and pasta!

Since I cut out white bread/pasta/rice/potatos, and replaced them with wholemeal equivalents (plus the sweet potatos), I have been steadily and easily losing weight Holly. Since the beginning of January, I have knocked off a couple of stone and it's all been pretty easy. My diet is nicely balanced, and i'm rarely "starving" hungry.

Associate
Like most have said, brown rice, wholewheat pasta and sweet potatoes easily the best. I'm not 100% but I think they may be more calories than white rice, white pasta etc however they keep you fuller for longer (this whole low GI) so will be better to eat.

It's also good to eat your biggest meals when your doing the most activity. For most, in the early afternoon. Eating smaller but more meals. Cutting down carb intake in the evening.

Back
Top Bottom