Sri Lanka massacres

Soldato
Oh look a poster with a silly unfounded post rears his ugly head again ;).
Nice of you to offer your condolences to the Christian's murdered in a terrorist attack rather than just post to defend Islam. Are you as saddened by this act which is many magnitudes worse than the New Zealand one I wonder.

Soldato
Some really disgusting comments in this thread, as usual. So many dead and so many wounded and all you losers care about is the religion of the ones responsible.

But why is it disgusting though?

It's a terrible tragedy of course and anyone just looking for an excuse to go attack certain religion again is an idiot. But also you can't deny the facts, statistically we can pretty much predict who is responsible for these attacks....

Soldato
Christians are killed and persecuted daily around the world and have been for the last 2000 years. Where is the liberal leftards now?

Soldato
Some really disgusting comments in this thread, as usual. So many dead and so many wounded and all you losers care about is the religion of the ones responsible.

Is that a wind up/troll post? It is BECAUSE of the religion of the aggressors that there are so many dead and wounded.

Caporegime
So you don’t think this is an Islamic attack?

Well unless it’s been proven beyond reasonable doubt that it’s been done by Muslims then yes I don’t think it is.

If it has been carried out by Muslims then I will gladly take back my words.

Are you blind to the fact that Islamists are responsible for deaths on a daily if not weekly basis somewhere around the globe?

I know you're a Muslim so that probably explains your bias.
Am I blind to what?? That Islamists carry out terrorist attacks?? No I’m not blind to that and neither am I biased either.
But unless you know something that even the Sri Lankan’s don’t know then it’s only you that is being biased, not me.

And having seen the amount of anti Islam crap you spout constantly, I can see where your bias is.
Nice of you to offer your condolences to the Christian's murdered in a terrorist attack rather than just post to defend Islam. Are you as saddened by this act which is many magnitudes worse than the New Zealand one I wonder.

Are you deliberately being dense as a brick?? I did offer my condolences on the first page and yes it saddens me just like any other attack on a place of worship.

Soldato
Nobody's ignoring the LTTE, but they haven't existed for years, so they're not really relevant to this situation, are they?

Check again. Zen Buddhism was one of the strongest driving forces behind Japanese militarism throughout WWII, and the kamikaze attacks were inspired by Zen Buddhist ideology.

A number of post-war Buddhist leaders have since apologised for this.

That is Japan 74 years ago,and Sri Lanka practices Buddhism which is of the Theravada branch which is different. Where is this call for Sri Lankan Buddhists to explode themselves?There is no precidence for that from what I see,even 30 years ago.
Most of the problems have been when crowds of people go and fight with each other,which is also what happens in India too. Even your own article states as much. The "monks" you talk about are members of a political party called the BBS,who are nationalists and whose leader was jailed for 6 years recently for his activities.

The Christians who died are not only Tamil but Sinhalese people(the majority who make up the Buddhists). 75% of the population is Sinhalese,and 70% are Buddhist. You do the math.

Also, this which was mentioned before your previous post:

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...warned-of-suicide-attack-threat-before-blasts

The police already warned that a group might cause issues and was acting on foreign intelligence. There also was something in the news about some people flying from Sri Lanka who had been questioned by police over here last week using terrorism laws. Why would foreign intelligence know about some local Buddhist plot. I dunno it seems implausible to me. I could be wrong.

From watching the news,some analysts think this might have been more foreign involvement in planning this.

So it could be less down to local problems,but more down to the wider problems happening currently.

Last edited:
Associate
Well unless it’s been proven beyond reasonable doubt that it’s been done by Muslims then yes I don’t think it is.

Am I blind to what?? That Islamists carry out terrorist attacks?? No I’m not blind to that and neither am I biased either.
But unless you know something that even the Sri Lankan’s don’t know then it’s only you that is being biased, not me.

And having seen the amount of anti Islam crap you spout constantly, I can see where your bias is.

Are you deliberately being dense as a brick?? I did offer my condolences on the first page and yes it saddens me just like any other attack on a place of worship.

Two of the six attacks that rocked Sri Lanka this morning are reportedly to be have been carried out by suicide bombers. The attack at Shangri La hotel was carried out by suicide bomber Zahran Hashim, while Abu Mohammad has been identified as the attacker at the Batticalao church.

Let's have a guess what religion. Just like it usually is.

Just like is inevitable with an ideology dreamt up by a murdering paedophile...

Soldato

With mentions of suicide bombers coming from the media in sri lanka, its not exactly a stretch of the imagination is it, but im happy to be proven wrong.

And yep, I dislike Islam for very valid reasons.

Caporegime
Two of the six attacks that rocked Sri Lanka this morning are reportedly to be have been carried out by suicide bombers. The attack at Shangri La hotel was carried out by suicide bomber Zahran Hashim, while Abu Mohammad has been identified as the attacker at the Batticalao church.

Let's have a guess what religion. Just like it usually is.

Just like is inevitable with an ideology dreamt up by a murdering paedophile...
And now that it’s been proven that it was carried out by Islamic terrorists then as I said earlier I take back my words gladly.

Anyhow despicable attack carried out in places of worship :(. What is wrong with these brain dead morons who think it is perfectly acceptable to kill innocent people practising their faith. That goes for any place of worship in any case.

The level of hatred carried by some people in this world is truly scary :/.

Soldato
And now that it’s been proven that it was carried out by Islamic terrorists then as I said earlier I take back my words gladly.

Anyhow despicable attack carried out in places of worship :(. What is wrong with these brain dead morons who think it is perfectly acceptable to kill innocent people practising their faith. That goes for any place of worship in any case.

The level of hatred carried by some people in this world is truly scary :/.

Wheres it been said who carried out the attacks, the bbc arent saying anything?

Associate
It actually makes me genuinely sad at the needless slaughter of people and as I'm getting older, my old liberal views seem to be fading as conflict after conflict seems to prove that religions, cultures and even sometimes races just will not get along. It's very distressing at the callous nature of such attacks and how the world doesn't care if its not white people or the religion that every one is afraid of (but hides though tolerance...)

Soldato
Wheres it been said who carried out the attacks, the bbc arent saying anything?

Some of the Indian channels from what I have seen have mentioned names,but the SL government has stayed tight lipped,so best to wait and see what they say. This was mentioned on the Guardian:

No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks but Sri Lanka’s defence minister, Ruwan Wijewardene, said the culprits had been identified and were religious extremists. He said suicide bombers were responsible for the majority of the morning’s bombings and that the wave of attacks was the work of a single group.

Caporegime
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43300913

(March2018)
Sri Lanka has declared a state of emergency after several attacks against mosques and Muslim-owned businesses.

A curfew is in place in the central district of Kandy, where crowds from the Buddhist Sinhala majority attacked a mosque, Muslim-owned shops and homes.

The authorities fear retaliation after a young Muslim man's body was found in a burnt-out building on Tuesday.

Hmm, of course the bigots won’t care about some little research. Do the mods really enjoy fomenting this sort of bigotry?

It won’t be surprising who it is, not because of their religion, but because there’s a conflict ongoing for decades.

Back
Top Bottom