SSC Tuatara hits 331mph (or not)

Soldato
That was my thought. Anything that can do 331mph can probably spin wheels for a looong time.

My understanding is that (traction aside) there are two main reasons they don't go scorching off the line: firstly, it helps keep the engine temperature and bay temperature down. Secondly, and perhaps more crucially, it keeps the tyre temperature down. Being gentle out of the gate means that everything should otherwise remain happy during the high-speed part of the run. They're using conventional tyres, after all, so they need to do as much as possible to protect them.

Soldato
If I may offer a criticism though - it would be nice to get some better video footage.
Half the screen is devoted to some ridiculous wide angle which pans around and shows more of the interior than the outside, a whole quarter of the screen is showing the speed in two different units, leaving only a quarter of the screen for the driver's POV - which I think would be the most interesting viewpoint.
I only really got a sense of speed from watching the numbers climb. The Koenigsegeggegsgegsdgsdggdegsg run was slower, but more thrilling to watch in my opinion.

Associate
My understanding is that (traction aside) there are two main reasons they don't go scorching off the line: firstly, it helps keep the engine temperature and bay temperature down. Secondly, and perhaps more crucially, it keeps the tyre temperature down. Being gentle out of the gate means that everything should otherwise remain happy during the high-speed part of the run. They're using conventional tyres, after all, so they need to do as much as possible to protect them.

That's a fair point. Maybe optimal to do a top speed run right after a cold start? :D

Associate
He will of had a designated zone to punch it in, you can clearly see he cruises up to 200mph as a "starting point" for the run lol... absolutley insane.

Soldato
If I may offer a criticism though - it would be nice to get some better video footage.
Half the screen is devoted to some ridiculous wide angle which pans around and shows more of the interior than the outside, a whole quarter of the screen is showing the speed in two different units, leaving only a quarter of the screen for the driver's POV - which I think would be the most interesting viewpoint.
I only really got a sense of speed from watching the numbers climb. The Koenigsegeggegsgegsdgsdggdegsg run was slower, but more thrilling to watch in my opinion.

Agreed, watching the numbers increase was the only impressive part of the video. The onboard wide angle camera was pretty useless and the pov too small to make anything out. The Koenigseg video was far more exciting to watch!
Deeply impressive car though, the way it picks up speed is mind boggling.

Back
Top Bottom