1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~SSDFS folder help

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by rancid-a, 19 Apr 2010.

1. rancid-a

Hitman

Hey guys
    I was copying some files from my 2nd HDD back to my C drive and the whole thing was interrupted by a 'hard disk full' message. Had a quick look inside C drive and found a folder called ~SSDFS 120gb in size. It contains zip type files called 000000A,000000B etc. Can't open them. Don't know where they came from & a Google search doesn't reveal much. Apparently created last week. Do you think it's safe to delete?

2. tibbsey

Mobster

First thought would be dump them all in a different location for a while, not deleting them, then if all is well and nothing screams "where r my fielz!", delete them.

However, after a quick Google (and like you say, not much help there) I'd say just get rid of them.

Also be sure to do a superduper scan for all kinds of nasty things.

3. rancid-a

Hitman

Sod it! that's just what I'm gonna go. and not just delete them either, DESTROY 'EM gutman method!

I think they may have been something releated to temp video/photoset downloads, the only thing I downloaded last week (when these SSDFS files were created) were some ahem Jenna Jameson bits & pieces.

Anyways, thanks for helping tibbsey

4. Destination

Capodecina

The temp files are not removed by doing a system cleanup under properties>tools within your drive? It shifts a fair bit, might also be worthwhile deleting extra copies of system restore and just keeping the most recent one.

120GB seems like a very large amount of photo processing.