St Helena. Anyone been before?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Helena

Since I found out about the place I've wanted to go. I
n the next year or so I might make a plan to take a trip there.

I want to know if any of you guys have been and if you have then can say if its worth the hassle and money to getting there.
And if you know much info on the place that would be helpful.

Thanks

Man of Honour
I was there for about an hour. It was pretty warm and sunny, but we were locked in an outside "compound" waiting for the aircraft to refuel.

There are a couple of cleaners, 4 painters, and a site engineer here at the minute that come from St Helena. Their accents are absolutely insane, a mixture of South African, and something I can't quite put my finger on.

No idea what there actually is to go and see, as far as I know it's just a sunny island with an airfield on it.

Soldato
I was there for about an hour. It was pretty warm and sunny, but we were locked in an outside "compound" waiting for the aircraft to refuel.

there is no airport in st helena,

Getting to St. Helena is part of the attraction; it is an adventure all in itself! Board the last remaining Royal Mail Ship and experience the RMS St. Helena (a dual purpose cargo and A1 passenger vessel) which provides an appetiser for the St. Helena experience - it is St. Helena's dedicated mode of international access. Currently, there is no airport on St. Helena. Read on to learn about this unique sea voyage.....

from http://www.sthelenatourism.com/pages/getting_here.html

Permabanned
"Getting to St. Helena is part of the attraction; it is an adventure all in itself! Board the last remaining Royal Mail Ship and experience the RMS St. Helena (a dual purpose cargo and A1 passenger vessel) which provides an appetiser for the St. Helena experience - it is St. Helena's dedicated mode of international access. Currently, there is no airport on St. Helena. Read on to learn about this unique sea voyage...."

Sounds like an estate agent trying to sell a crappy one bedroom bedsit in Brixton.

Permabanned
Not much point in saying goodbye to Boney as he’s now in Les Invalides.

Damn. I guess there's nothing to do then.

There's also a nearby Island that's a nature reserve so you aren't allowed on it, you could add that to your itinerary to say you've looked at it.

You could always check out the Falklands as well. You could write a blog titled "The most boring and annoyingly difficult to get to island tour"

Soldato

There are a couple of cleaners, 4 painters, and a site engineer here at the minute that come from St Helena. Their accents are absolutely insane, a mixture of South African, and something I can't quite put my finger on.

No idea what there actually is to go and see, as far as I know it's just a sunny island with an airfield on it.
sure it wasnt Ascension you stopped off at?
Saint helena isnt supposed to have an airport built until 2015 at the earliest

Back
Top Bottom