Stability any ideas?

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Got a strange one and not too much time to troubleshoot it, I've had an i5 system with an RX480 running for a about 4 years or so. It hasn't been clocked and has been stable.

Recently been getting crashes in the form of the whole system freezing and needing to be hard powered on and off that's not doing any good as usual.

Weird thing is it only ever seems to crash out when I've not been actively using it for a period of time? It can be on for days on 24/7, or even sometimes an hour, I leave for 15 minutes or so, come back, move the mouse it shifts a few mm then the system completely hangs.

I've not done a clean build of windows yet which is the next thing to rule out but I can see it being one of those things where I end up unnecessarily having to upgrade to get back up and running reliably! I was initially thinking of it being power settings, standby etc. but I've set everything to run all of the time with no standby or hibernate etc. yet still the same thing :confused:

Soldato
My crystal ball is also freezing, so what's the part list of that PC?

Could be something wearing down, which might cause seemingly random problems.

DHR

DHR

Soldato
OP
Kit wise its an i5 6600k, Gigabyte Z170-Gaming K3-CF, Saphire RX480, can't recall the PSU model now would have to take a look later.

Back
Top Bottom