'Stadium Arcadium' - The Return of the Chili Peppers!

Soldato
I've got a big soft spot for Californication. It got me into the Chilis, and I was really quite disappointed with By The Way. There were only 1 or 2 good songs on there imo; Venice Queen being one of them.

As I've gone on though, I've been listening to their early stuff and I've come to the conclusion that it's not better or worse to me, just different. :)

Sic

Sic

Soldato
why does everyone think that the "not before it's out" rule doesn't apply to music. no-one cares if you've heard it yet.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I'm gonna buy it the second I have some money I think. :D

I heard Snow (Hey Oh) on BBC2 the other day and I loved it.

Last edited:
Soldato
i've heard a few tracks off the album now. and OMG, it is brillant. IMO its real return to form and the funkyness that made them so great in the beginning. We'll have to see what the rest of the album sounds like but from what ive heard, its ace.
icon14.gif

Permabanned
I agree, their last two studio albums have been shockingly bad. I really liked Blood Sugar Sex Magik since that was pretty much their peak, afterwards they've gone down hill

Associate
Well, lucky me got my copy through the post this morning, and i gotta say that its fairly different to what i was expecting. The funk of the old chili's isn't back, but some track are reminssant of the earlier albums, and sometimes it sounds like they're trying too hard to appeal to the old skool fans. Worth bying imo :)

btw anyone else get theirs today?

Soldato
The danger with having that many songs on one album is that it gets repetetive, and from what I've heard, that is the case. Still, if you're a die hard fan you want more, right? :D

Soldato
Ok, got the cd this morning, been listening to it ever since.

What can I say?

Imho, if you don't like this album your not a chili's fan. It's got everything from the original early funk to the melodic tunes from By the Way. Unfortunately I'm slightly partial to the more melodic tunes and simply love Slow Cheetah and Hey.

It's definitely an awesome album, but more of compilation of all their best styles, with only a few new style tracks. I think this will be their last album release before they retire. It's definitely an excellent album to retire on though. :D

Back
Top Bottom