Stalker: Clear Skies

Soldato
I was under the impression it was somewhere near to ok if patched to the hilt. I've nearly finished playing SOC and found it excellent. I have CS waiting to be installed and I'm looking forward to it.

Associate
I have it fully patched and have only experienced crashes when I try to quickload. If I load saved games via the main menu then it's fine. I would recommend getting a carry weight mod, a weapons mod for sounds and/or skins. There is also a mod that allows the SEVA suit to be fully upgraded which I also recommend getting. It's more like a hotfix than a mod tbh.

Associate
What kind of settings do you run the game at based on the spec in your sig?

Can't really recall now ,but would have been pretty much high settings ,I know some of the mods can really slow it down though ,textures packs etc. best avoided as performance becomes horrible when running around ,certain maps in the game are much worse than others .

Associate
I completed it a few weeks ago and only encountered 2 bugs

- a ctd when i tried to follow a particular character in a later level. but it was non-essential to the plot, so i just shot the guy in the head and it was fine.

- one of the flash drives you're meant to find for the traders is missing. This is a known issue that they still haven't got round to fixing.

That was with starting the game with the latest patch installed.

Other than that it ran really well maxed out in dx9 on my dual core and 4850. Thoroughly enjoyed it, though i would say it wasn't quite as good as the original. Well worth playing though.

Oh, and i would always make regular named saves when playing just in case. :)

There is also a mod that allows the SEVA suit to be fully upgraded which I also recommend getting. It's more like a hotfix than a mod tbh.

I was able to do that in the vanilla game anyway. I think the last patch made it so that between duty and the bandits you could fully upgrade the SEVA. Although, that does mean you have to remain neutral to the bandits long enough to get it done!

Last edited:
Soldato
With lastest patch it is completely stable for me at max settings (for dx9 - winxp).

Performance is worse than the original but it does look noticeably better, lighting is pretty much the best I've seen in any game and while it looks a little 'cartoony' in parts, graphical complexity and levels of detail are immense (you'll see what I mean).

The biggest performance culprit is the sun ray effect, which kills performance during the morning when it is most prevalent. You can lower it or turn it off for much better performance without much of hit on graphical quality.

Put simply, if you liked the original, you'll like this too.

Back
Top Bottom