Standard question - will be 7700k be a big bottleneck to a 3090?!!?

Associate
Hi all,

Just answer some validation or correction of my thinking.

I'm currently on a 7700k. I was going to upgrade to 10900k but didn't feel it gave me a big enough upgrade. I know intel isn't best value for money but i really do just want as many frames as possible.

My current plan is to get the 3090 on release stick it in this PC then wait until new ryzen (if better than 10900k) or the new intel and upgrade on release. I'm on an Predator X35 1440p 200hz.

The issue I have is i don't want to go 10900k as it's not PCI express 4. After spending £2k on a monitor and £1.5 k on a gcard seems silly to save a few quid on a lower performing Ryzen (compared to intel) which could give me PCI express 4 now. I'm already (wrongly) commited to paying a premium for the best so may as well follow through with the stupidity.

Would i be better doing the above, or just getting a 10900k now and a 3080? I'm assuming i will still get most of the performance of the 3090 and can wait and see what happens in the CPU race.

Thanks all

Associate
OP
Question is do i want very payable after spending all the money I have. Sounds like i would be better getting a new CPU now too. From my reading i would be losing very few frames at 1440p.

Back
Top Bottom