1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Gazing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mlbtheshow, 24 Sep 2009.

1. mlbtheshow

PermaBanned

No im not a Hollywood stalker and nor do I want to be, but I am getting to the age that I would like to take up Star Gazing, looking at the planets, universe etc as a hobby (sorry its not as exciting as the thread title assumes)

Anyway, im sure there must be others on here that could possibly advise a relatively new person to all of this. I have been reading up, looking around, had a few telephone conversations with stores/other enthusiasts, so would just like some more impartial advice if I could from here?

Now I believe I can link this here as they wouldnt be a OCUK competitior? http://www.telescopesplus.co.uk/mor...exStar_130_SLT_Spring_Sale_Special_Offer/3069

What are peoples thoughts on this scope for a new person looking to get into it and then develop that into something more... ie i dont just want to see Mars, or even just Pluto, id like to see a bit more of the sky (at a reasonable cost to a working class man).

I think thats it, any tales or experience would be a nice way to help this thread grow, or otherwise just some telescope suggestions etc would also be appreciated.

Cheers all

2. gillywibble

Capo Crimine

I've been thinking about taking this up as a hobby as well. There must be some avid astronomers on here?

3. Marine Iguana

Soldato

I was looking a Jupiter a few weeks ago and it was awesome seeing four of it's moons around it.

Last edited: 24 Sep 2009
  4. benneh

Sgarrista

5. PhillyDee

Capodecina

I am an amateur astronomer (Stargazer with equipment :D)
    The easiest thing to start with is a pair of binculars.
    Go here:
    www.stargazerslounge.com
    And I really recommend their sponsor www.firstlightoptics.com Steve is the owner and is absolutely spot on. Ive bought many things from there and have never been dissapointed.

6. nands

Mobster