Star Trek : Axanar

Caporegime
I was expecting tat

But really impressed. Looks like traditional startrek too!
And focus on a battle. That means lots of cgi!

Associate
Looks good. Not a trekkie by any stretch of the imagination but I was surprised to see Kate Vernon among the cast. It certainly made me pay a little more attention to it.

Soldato
I found the Klingon makeup to be the most notably dodgy thing here along with not being convinced by him actually being a Klingon. Perhaps Kharn is meant to be pretty different as Klingons go?
If the effects aren't quite up to Hollywood blockbuster standards, so what? We're not that spoiled and entitled are we? :p

Once again, a big shout to Tony Todd and Mr Hertzler. Those guys bring real gravity (and the odd goosebump). Legends.

Caporegime
I found the Klingon makeup to be the most notably dodgy thing here along with not being convinced by him actually being a Klingon. Perhaps Kharn is meant to be pretty different as Klingons go?
If the effects aren't quite up to Hollywood blockbuster standards, so what? We're not that spoiled and entitled are we? :p

Once again, a big shout to Tony Todd and Mr Hertzler. Those guys bring real gravity (and the odd goosebump). Legends.

Yes that was my one criticism
The klingon was too human in both appearance and dialogue

Thought the sfx looked very good considering the lack of a dedicated studio backing

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Yes that was my one criticism
The klingon was too human in both appearance and dialogue

Thought the sfx looked very good considering the lack of a dedicated studio backing

It's at a time where Klingons did look more like humans. See Enterprise eps Affliction and Divergence in Season 4.

Also all TOS eps where Klingons look like this:

4dDAbt1.png

As Axanar is set between Enterprise and TOS he looks exactly as you'd expect.

Back
Top Bottom