Star Trek : Axanar

Caporegime
It's at a time where Klingons did look more like humans. See Enterprise eps Affliction and Divergence in Season 4.

Also all TOS eps where Klingons look like this:

4dDAbt1.png

As Axanar is set between Enterprise and TOS he looks exactly as you'd expect.

good point!

i cant remember how long ago it was since i saw TOS

I really have a good feeling about this one
made by fans who wont want to do what hollywood often does - break things!

Soldato
nicely done look forward to the film if it gets there.

Plenty of star trek projects about and surprised many are good I liked this one also

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/episodes/

Cheers for that :)
I watched the first episode of Star Trek Continues last night, and I have to say that it was really good and very faithful.
Some of the acting is terrible, but I soon got used to it and got back into the oldskool vibe.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
It was very corny acting but as you know no one can truly replace the originals :)

Also noted chris doohan in the credits, scottys real son so nice touch there.

I think with this new reboot they will stick with the big screen films for a long time at least or till one flops and then a tv series may appear!

Associate
Thought I'd give this a little bump seeing as the full feature is now being filmed and there have been some major developments, the bridge contruction is nicely underway - check out the rendered designs. I'm really liking the depth and Trek feel of this, plus reading some of the production teams posts there's a lot of love going into this from some incredibly talented people.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Sounds good, as a trekker ill watch any of it since the tv bosses have made it clear we won't be getting an actual trek tv series any time soon they prefer the big block buster films which are still doing good financially and positive.

People whining and complaining just want a trek show back with 3-5 million budget per episode and that is sadly never gonna happen, so yeah props to chekov, tuvok and other trek regulars for bringing back some of the magic ;)

Associate
Couldn't agree more R3X, we won't get any more decent Trek 'the way it used to be' from the film studios or TV companies, it's down to the independents to keep it alive. Axanar, Renegade, Star Trek continues and phase 2 have a strong fan base and are pumping gout some really good shows. In particular Axanar has set a new precedent for the quality of what can be done on a limited budget and with no financial gain but that means no few creative constraints and and it look so damn good too!

Anybody here backed the kickstarter campaign?

Caporegime

Shows some animatics, finished and nearly finished shots of some of the space combat. This looked really promising :( I really like the Nacelle attack in part 3, would have made for an interesting visual, kinda like igniting a trail of petrol.

He also mentions the "Space Lake" and i never really thought about it until now, so much of Star Trek battles are like the ships are floating along on an equal plane, you never really see ships taking advantage of all the axis's and angles available to them. You get some exceptions obviously like in TWOK, but mostly it's a Space Lake.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom