US: Star Trek: Discovery

I do hope the third series is more like the first. It seemed to have promise then and an interesting captain, not the dull old fop that was Pike. It would be good to see Jason Isaacs back as the captain.

I don't have much hope. Frakes has said there's a tonal shift and this season is more focused on action. Star Trek was never really about action but thought provoking and interesting stories. I have a feeling this will be much same as we saw in Picard, in other words, total tosh and a blur of copy and paste CGI battles.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I do hope the third series is more like the first. It seemed to have promise then and an interesting captain, not the dull old fop that was Pike.

You cannot possibly be serious...

It would be good to see Jason Isaacs back as the captain.

Sure, if it's the 'morally ambiguous' early Lorca and not the 'moustache-twirling generic bad guy' later Lorca.

I don't have much hope. Frakes has said there's a tonal shift and this season is more focused on action. Star Trek was never really about action but thought provoking and interesting stories.

Uh...

Trek was always about action right after NBC took one look at the first pilot, decided it was a bit too clever for the audience that they held such contempt for, and told Roddenberry to go make another story that had fist fights in it! :D

It was good for the first half, then went into a steep decline when Bryan Fuller's influence ends and Alex Kurtzman took over. He seems to have the anti-midas touch and turns everything to ****.

Next thing is Lower Decks, what is this going to be like? After Picard, I have no hope it will be anything but tripe. Talk about milking it. Having three Star Trek series running at the same time.
Oh and the kids animated show.

Back
Top Bottom