Star Trek: First Frontier (2019)

R3X

R3X

Soldato
yeah was gonna post same as above, nothing unusual there is a vast library of fan made tv episodes and films going from original series to next gen time line.

Actually some really good stuff too, I thought paramount was suing all these fan made shows anyhow.

If you check its dated jan 2019, was due march and no updates since then. Probably got axed before it had a chance even

https://www.facebook.com/startrekfirstfrontier/

Caporegime
Don't see the point considering they put rules in place limiting these to something like 15-20 mins and no professional actors allowed to be in it?

Axanar looked promising then it got dumped on :(

Caporegime
Nichelle Nicols is involved as well, wonder how long ago this was done as she has dementia which is in a significant stage last i read.

While we're on the subject of trek, is it just me or is it surprising to know that Shatner is now 88, but looks nowhere near that age. Must be the pudge preventing a lot of wrinkles and the wig helping with the effect.

Video of him from earlier this year, could easily pass for late 50's early 60's.

He's mostly plastic and hair implants/syrups.

Soldato
While we're on the subject of trek, is it just me or is it surprising to know that Shatner is now 88, but looks nowhere near that age.

He looks more like his Halloween mask now :D

Also Captain Kirk promoting crypto's, crypto will be the future, our own version of federation credits :cool:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Considering all the work ole shats done not bad, many fans still don't take away his death scene being cannon but hey you just never can tell or know.

Soldato
Looks crap. I recently found this - 6 episodes into 11 of them.

Star Trek Continues

Don't be put off by the wobbly sets, models etc - it's meant to be this way! Only 11 episodes made.

The writing is very good and picks up where TOS ended - wish i'd found this sooner!

Some very good names in it too - i found myself scrolling imdb after each episode.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
As I understand it, it's because CBS are a bunch of petty children who don't want anyone else to play with their toys.

Axanar was going to show up STD (in particular the first season) for what it is - a badly-written generic dark sci-fi show with enough references in the script to attempt to get away with calling it Star Trek. Because of that they couldn't go all-in and support it (or even buy it to make it an official part of Trek canon) so they had to squash it. A damned shame.

At least "Prelude to Axanar" is still there on YT.

Soldato
Don't see the point considering they put rules in place limiting these to something like 15-20 mins and no professional actors allowed to be in it?

Axanar looked promising then it got dumped on :(

The old guy at the start is in a Netflix show with Ashton Kutcher. The Ranch.
I am very curious how this sort of fan production can make money. Do they sell enough of it to cover the actors and sets? Do these get aired places to make ticket sales?
Seems a strange waste of money to me.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Star Trek has lost all imagination after the BORG events, I do not like going back to past times in shows like this. The look is always more futuristic than the timeline dictates and it just ruins it.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Star Trek has lost all imagination after the BORG events, I do not like going back to past times in shows like this. The look is always more futuristic than the timeline dictates and it just ruins it.

Not a popular view around here SPG. Most of them couldn't give a damn about visual continuity as long as it looks 'cool' :p

Back
Top Bottom