Star Trek question!

Associate
I did say I could be wrong, i wasn't wrong in saying that so really I was right that I was wrong

But I was half right

:D

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
I thought the Defiant on DS9 has the cloak ?

It did / does indeed.

I think the last decent episodes I watched of the DS9 series at least was the massive ware they had with the cardassians (sp?!)

Or on voyager with species 8472.

Soldato
I just thought I'd say that I really hated Star Trek. It never has any decent fights in it. :( Dad used to watch it all the time when I was a kid and tried to get me intrested.

Now...on the other hand Babylon 5... ;)

Hmm....best stop there before I get distracted and spill this can of worms all over the floor...

Soldato
ArmyofHarmony said:
what ****** me off is that warp 2 is 2 times the speed of light etc

I think they should make warp 2 0.2 x speed of light ... warp 9.9999, 0.99999 etc x speed of light

so when you some how manage to reach warp 10, it makes sense that they randomly evolve into lizards (it was tom paris and the captain in that ep)

Considering the Galaxy is over 100,000 lightyears accross thats just silly! They need to go much faster than light to get around.

Its really sad that I've been reading this thread and I know every "sad" point thats been brought up.

Its almost time to dig up a debate on here from a few years ago, who would win in a fight, the starwars universe baised races Vs the StarTrek universe races. It pretty much boiled down into a Borg Vs the Jedi thread :)

I loved Startrek in most of its incarnations (even DS9 got good when big wars started happening), but I'm afraid to say I'm enjoying BattleStar Gallactica a lot more these days.

On a final note, I remember seeing on a site a few years ago that if you look at schematics of the Enterprise D, it only has one toliet. Imagine the smell going in that thing after Worf!!

Associate
I love Star Trek, but I never knew why the Borg didn't time travel before the attack in First Contact - do it from their homeworld then travel the necessary distance and bingo assimilate Earth around the time Jesus was around and bingo you have a amazing borg drone.

Soldato
Atomic said:
I love Star Trek, but I never knew why the Borg didn't time travel before the attack in First Contact - do it from their homeworld then travel the necessary distance and bingo assimilate Earth around the time Jesus was around and bingo you have a amazing borg drone.

Jonathan Frakes (Riker) directed that movie so just dont question it!

Associate
Psycrow said:
Its almost time to dig up a debate on here from a few years ago, who would win in a fight, the starwars universe baised races Vs the StarTrek universe races. It pretty much boiled down into a Borg Vs the Jedi thread :)
Well, that's not a real debate since IMO Star Wars isn't real sci-fi: it's fantasy in space!
Star Trek vs. Babylon 5, on the other hand... ;)

Soldato
Star Trek never really was about big arse space battles which is why they are quite few and far between sometimes.

I too am very fond of Battlestar Galactica as not only is there plenty of space battles, robots, babes and blatant use of the word Frak [or Frack] it's also less advanced technologically. There are no transporters, replicators, beam weapons and so on.

I think because of this scenarios within the series are more realistic and much grittier too. I love Star Trek but I find it hard to compare it with BG because they are quite different.

SiriusB

Soldato
To all those people saying that the Federation are too peaceful or whatever to want cloaking technology your all wrong IMO. The only reason they didn't use the technology was because of the treaty already mentioned.

In one of the episodes of TNG you could see the experimental cloaking device that Starfleet had secretly developed and it was much superior to the Romulan one because it was a phase change device that allowed the ship to pass through matter and energy undisrupted. If they had such a powerful tool I doubt they would not be using it for moral reasons rather than legal ones.

Glad to see so many Star Trek fans in here, there seems to be a mass hatrid of Star Trek these days especially by my generation. The only place I saw fans of it was at university because it was a technology campus full of geeks :p

Soldato
Atomic said:

Using that logic why didn't they just assimilate earth in the time period they did go back to? ;)

The simple answer is that they didn't have the firepower or time. The only race that has the firepower to blow up planets easily is the one shown in Voyager which was attacking the borg. As for time, well the Enterprise-D was in hot pursuit so the borg ship barely had enough time to try and disrupt the launch of the first warp ship let alone destroy all the people on the planet.

Also consider it was very lucky that the Vulcan science ship saw the Federation (note the Federation weren't around at this time, the signature later became known as Federation) warp signature of the first warp flight. So if the Borg were able to delay the launch they could have achieved their aim.

Soldato
Saberu said:
...well the Enterprise-D was in hot pursuit so the borg ship barely had enough time to try and disrupt the launch of the first warp ship let alone destroy all the people on the planet.

I thought it was the Enterprise-E... Cos Troy Crashed -D into a planet in Generations!!!... Plus she then went on to Crash -E into the Remus (Romulan) ship in Nemesis!... Goes to show Women cant drive Big Car... I mean Ships!... :D

Soldato
Saberu said:
Using that logic why didn't they just assimilate earth in the time period they did go back to? ;)

The simple answer is that they didn't have the firepower or time. The only race that has the firepower to blow up planets easily is the one shown in Voyager which was attacking the borg. As for time, well the Enterprise-D was in hot pursuit so the borg ship barely had enough time to try and disrupt the launch of the first warp ship let alone destroy all the people on the planet.

Also consider it was very lucky that the Vulcan science ship saw the Federation (note the Federation weren't around at this time, the signature later became known as Federation) warp signature of the first warp flight. So if the Borg were able to delay the launch they could have achieved their aim.

Its been shown many times that most of the main races have the power to wipe out life on a planet, if not perhaps blown it right up. For example in the TNG epidode where all the main races were searcing for their ancestor race (The Chase, I think) the Klingons vapourised the surface of the entire planet to prevent the others getting any clues. DS9 episode For the Uniform showed that both the Feds and the Cardies had chemical agents that could be dispersed into the atmosphere via a torpedo to either kill or drive out the population. :p

So the real explanation is, yes the Borg could just go back to when we were cavemen and have no trouble getting us, but that wouldn't make a good movie :D

Plus the Borg assimilate to improve themselves, so assimilating cave men wouldn't do more than increase their numbers.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Who dug up this mutha? :eek:

Watching TNG last night.. is it me or does Geordi annoy anyone else? The constant do-gooder mentality.. just want to kick him in the nuts lol

Caporegime
lol after reading this i was thinking whos the best Star trek character ever from all the series combined.

would have to come down to say hmm 3

Quark?
Picard?
Q ?
Data?
Porthos?

damn thats 5 oh well

Permabanned
Not many characters I like.

TNG

Picard: Was alright, bald though.

Data: Condescending, arrogant pleb with skin like he has liver failure. Was better in the movies though.

Worf: Rubbish.

Troy: Annoying voice. Think's shes it, despite crashing the Enterprise D.

Crusher: Annoying, self riteous. Thinks shes attractive, but she isn't.

W Crusher: Gay, without a shadow of a doubt.

Riker: Best character, knew what to do. His head went at a funny angle when walking around the ship though. Rike-angle?

La-Forge: Blind moron, likes Wesley only because he's gay like him.

Fat transporter chief: Boring, fat and lazy. Does he ever leave that sodding transporter room?

Voyager

Janeway: Know it all and sexist. Obsessed with blowing other peoples technology up.

Chakotay: It's the 24th century, drop the ancient tribe ****.

Black spock: Arrogant and a sore loser.

Paris: Best character, funny, witty and a cool pilot.

Kim: Another gayer, follows Paris around like he's his boyfriend.

Tores: Would be attractive if she didn't have a spine for a face. Guess shes good at other stuff though, like building stuff.

Neelix: Talking ferret.

Seven of Nine: Set phasers to stunning. Made the series, sexy, funny and defiant towards Janeway. <3

Back
Top Bottom