Star Trek Questions.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

lemonkettaz said:
ive never even seen an episode of ds9....

something about it put me off.. sounds like i missed out :p...

i sound sad
I'd offer to screen some episodes for you *twiddles moustache*

Mic

Mic

Soldato
iCraig said:
rikers41tk.jpg

Is it just me, or does whenever Riker walk, he rests his head on one shoulder?

So basically his face is like diagonal. What's the deal with that?
Its called........Rike-angle.
It gives him an imporved vision angle sp he can see more of his surroundings. Ready for a sneak attack.

Fact.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Mic said:
Its called........Rike-angle.
It gives him an imporved vision angle sp he can see more of his surroundings. Ready for a sneak attack.

Fact.
It's true.. i read that on google :)

Mic

Mic

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
ive never even seen an episode of ds9....

something about it put me off.. sounds like i missed out :p...

i sound sad
The first couple seasons where pretty lame. But once they get the defiant(the COOLEST startrek ship everm its all goooood)

Man i love the defiant.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Didn't realise people watched The Trek here :cool:

Disclaimer: Original series with Kirk is not counted because it's pap. FACT.

Soldato
squiffy said:
Interia dampners. :) Even if a ship could accelerate from sub light to light speed in a second the should would just atomize, not just the people on board.
Ah but it's not really travelling faster than light, it's merely taking a kind of "short cut" by distorting subspace via Asymetric Peristaltic Field Manipulation :D

My favourite example of technical terminology is with regards to the transporters. One of the biggest problems with transporter technology is the Heisenberg uncertainty principle which states that you cannot know both the exact position and velocity of a particle at the same time. How did they get round this? With a magic box of tricks called the Heisenberg Compensators :)

One thing that's kind of annoyed me recently with regard to Trek tech and lore is the Klingons. As we all know, in the original series the Klingons looks virtually human, the large foreheads appearing in the films and then the later TV series.

The writers bumped their heads against this one rather hard in the DS9 episode "Trials and Tribblations", as they had to mix the new cast into one of the bar scenes from the original "The Trouble with Tribbles" episode, where the Klingons were of the original "human" type.

They decided to write this so that, when the DS9 crew see how the older Klingons looked and query Worf about it, he merely answers "we do not discuss it with outsiders". The writers effectively sidestepped the whole issue and refused to explain it.

Given Trek's obsession with having a plausible explanation for everything, this was a very refreshing change of attitude and many applauded it. Unfortunately it appears that many fans didn't appreciate it and wanted a better explanation, which I find frankly pathetic. I suspect it was this pressure which led to the writers of Enterprise finally relenting and decided to try to explain what happened to cause the difference in appearance. I thought this was a total cop-out myself.

PS. Yes I'm a Trek geek, so shoot me :p :D

Soldato
EVH said:
Tuvok :p

It's gotta be Tom Paris though.. only one with any real character.

..or if you liked The Next Generation...

rikers41tk.jpg
Ah good old STinSV.com, that site was mega in its day. The two guys that founded and maintained it were mates of mine, twas a huge undertaking.

Soldato
Riker is a nancy boy with nancy boy feelings. Jean Luc is a sound man of judgement and he hates Wesley... an admirable trait. :D

PICARD WOULD KICK ALL THEIR ARSES ESPECIALLY JANEWAY!

picar4.gif

Phwoar take me right now....

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
I suspect it was this pressure which led to the writers of Enterprise finally relenting and decided to try to explain what happened to cause the difference in appearance. I thought this was a total cop-out myself.

PS. Yes I'm a Trek geek, so shoot me :p :D

I'll shoot you in a moment, Stun or kill?

Explain to me what the reason is please? or point me somewhere that will tell me, I've been deadly curious since they made that statement in DS9 but didn't really get into Enterprise so I was not aware.

Soldato
Matblack said:

Hell yeah
Super Star Destroyer > Any Ship
And when Any Ship > Super Star Destroyer, then Death Star > Any Ship

:D

But the diddlio about the movement and anti friction in space...consider this...when Voyager is in space (taking into consideration space is a giant vacuum) then who does Voyager make revving noises when it goes?
It's all part of the cinema trick to lure you into flase reality :)

Soldato
William said:

picar4.gif

"Make it so Number One!" :p

iCraig said:

Set phasers to stunning!

She is why I watched Voyager. One is sexy! Two she was a Borg with norks ;) Three her storylines were interesting. Oh and I forgot to add, she has a nice borg ass too :cool:

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
trek crap
They explained that in an episode of enterprise (it was some experiment that mixed klingon DNA with that of genetically enhanced people like Kahn)

Right I'm off to jump out the window, I'm 3 storey's up so it should do the trick :o

edit -oops noticed you mentioned it at the bottom

Soldato
eXSBass said:
Hell yeah
Super Star Destroyer > Any Ship
And when Any Ship > Super Star Destroyer, then Death Star > Any Ship

Note the lack of a Death Star on that chart... I'd hazard a guess that it's the same size as the whole picture :D

Soldato
Velocity219e said:
I'll shoot you in a moment, Stun or kill?

Explain to me what the reason is please? or point me somewhere that will tell me, I've been deadly curious since they made that statement in DS9 but didn't really get into Enterprise so I was not aware.
Rather complicated but basically it revolved around a misguided attempt to blend Klingon DNA with that of the "augments", genetically enhanced humans created by a certain Dr.Soong (an ancestor of Noonian and played by Spiner).

The result was a contamination of the Klingon species with human DNA which caused the temporary change of appearance which accounts for the original series. By the time of the films and TNG, they had reverted to their original appearance.

It's all in season 4 of Enterprise if you want to skip the first 3 :)

Mic

Mic

Soldato
William said:
Riker is a nancy boy with nancy boy feelings. Jean Luc is a sound man of judgement and he hates Wesley... an admirable trait. :D

picar4.gif

Hes rocks........... .until you see him do this

pat6bk1br.gif

"Those tiny little life...forms!"
patrickagain6gs1gd.gif

Back
Top Bottom