****Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Official Thread****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Well some say a trailer is coming, and we need to let the TLJ thread die!

Reports are that they will drop the trailer on Friday 12th April, this is when J.J. Abrams brings his Episode 9 panel to Star Wars Celebration in Chicago.

Release date: December 19, 2019 (UK)/December 20, 2019 (US)
Director: J.J. Abrams
Writers: J.J. Abrams, Chris Terrio
Cast: Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Domhnall Gleeson, Kellie Marie Tran, Naomi Ackie, Richard E. Grant, Billy Dee Williams, Joonas Suotamo, Keri Russell, Dominic Monaghan

This poster has been 'leaked' online, could it be real? I'm not convinced personally.

m1wigfuqeto21.jpg

When do you think we will see a trailer and what do you think the title could be?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a massive SW fan so I'm really conflicted about Ep9. I mean I want to see the end of the trilogy and the end of the Skywalker saga, but after Ep8 I don't want to support Lucasfilm/Disney any more.

Whereas in the past I'd take the day of it's release off work, or see the midnight showings (Ep7 & 8) and see the film multiple times (Ep7) there's just not the excitement there for me any more, and that's a shame.

Soldato
i'm not even sure i'm going to watch this at the cinema - i still haven't watched solo and i'm not really bothered.

I used to think i was a big star wars fan but know i think i'm just a good film fan - i have my star wars (the good ones) and that will do i think.

Caporegime
Yes! Not sure about that, though when the promo stuff for TFA was leaked and he had his red arm everyone claimed it was fake/photoshopped, so you never know!

It's a bit odd, it deffo looks like a bowcaster with chewies ammo belt.

Does Chewie die and he picks it up?

Seems very un CP30 to pick up a weapon and use it. But then we've seen all sorts of character change. So who knows a fully delevoped character could change within one new movie quite easily.

i'm not even sure i'm going to watch this at the cinema - i still haven't watched solo and i'm not really bothered.

I used to think i was a big star wars fan but know i think i'm just a good film fan - i have my star wars (the good ones) and that will do i think.

Solo is a good Sci-Fi movie.

Edit - Whos the power ranger?

Soldato
It's a bit odd, it deffo looks like a bowcaster with chewies ammo belt.

Does Chewie die and he picks it up?

Seems very un CP30 to pick up a weapon and use it. But then we've seen all sorts of character change. So who knows a fully delevoped character could change within one new movie quite easily.

?

he also has rey staff
i suspect he is carrying them for C + R and some hilarity ensues?

Caporegime
Poster looks as legit as a £3 coin.

Cute they incorporated the "Knights of Ren" into it, they were virtually forgotten about after a brief mention in episode 7.

So much stuff setup in ep 7 only to be **** on by that walking ******* Johnson. :rolleyes:

Soldato
To be honest the Star Wars franchise is dead to me just like the Star Trek is, while I enjoyed Rouge One the Last Jedi killed all my interest in wanting to watch any new films that come along. R.I.P Childhood memories 1980 - 2017.

Man of Honour
I need to see this, but lets be honest, it is going to leave a bitter taste. Not hyped in the slightest currently.

Oh, and that poster looks as if it has been photo shopped by a 2 year old.

Hopefully we actually see some decent battles this time.

Back
Top Bottom