****Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Official Thread****

Soldato
I feel like this film is going to be a remake of Return of the Jedi but without the Ewoks right down to the showdown with the Emperor while there is going to be a giant space battle boring.
You mean like the first 2 were kind of rip offs of the original 2:D. I'm envisioning another death star and some sort of trap.

Soldato
Pretty much this.

Although the force awakens was hardly brimming with originality.
True but least he had stuff to build upon and hints of ideas, last Jedi scrapped it for sake of nothing. I also enjoyed Force Awakens more than Last Jedi too

I cant be disappointed with rise of sky walker as I'm going in with lower expectations due to what happened with the last Jedi.

Man of Honour
It's difficult to reverse all of the nonsense from the last film without it coming across as lip service. I'm looking forward to seeing it, I just hope it at least somewhat saves the trilogy.

Soldato
TRoS brings mixed emotions for me. I won't be going to see it at the cinema, primarily because I don't want to reward Disney for the mess they've made of Star Wars; with a lack of guidance, divisive marketing, agenda pushing etc. Everything I have seen makes me think it's going to be a total stinker but there is still an ember of the SW fan that I was that hopes it will be good. I will wait and see what trusted reviewers say about it. Even so, I'll wait until I can stream it for free.
That actually makes me slightly sad. I have loved SW since I was a kid. My son and I used to spend hours discussing every aspect of it and I treasure those memories. I love the ethos and hope in the mythology. IMHO, Disney ruined all that (Han's regression being a great example) and, as many others have said, everything Disney just feels like Fan Fiction. Sadly, it has tainted the originals & prequels , whether I want it to or not. It's hard not to remember the issues that the sequels have raised when I watch the Lucas-era stuff. Lucas' output was far from perfect but I loved it and respected it. I cannot love the Disney era stuff. The key to all this in my mind is that RotJ ended the whole 6 film series well (not perfectly but well) and the sequels can be disregarded as they've added nothing and, in many way, have actively damaged Star Wars.

Associate
TRoS brings mixed emotions for me. I won't be going to see it at the cinema, primarily because I don't want to reward Disney for the mess they've made of Star Wars; with a lack of guidance, divisive marketing, agenda pushing etc. Everything I have seen makes me think it's going to be a total stinker but there is still an ember of the SW fan that I was that hopes it will be good. I will wait and see what trusted reviewers say about it. Even so, I'll wait until I can stream it for free.
That actually makes me slightly sad. I have loved SW since I was a kid. My son and I used to spend hours discussing every aspect of it and I treasure those memories. I love the ethos and hope in the mythology. IMHO, Disney ruined all that (Han's regression being a great example) and, as many others have said, everything Disney just feels like Fan Fiction. Sadly, it has tainted the originals & prequels , whether I want it to or not. It's hard not to remember the issues that the sequels have raised when I watch the Lucas-era stuff. Lucas' output was far from perfect but I loved it and respected it. I cannot love the Disney era stuff. The key to all this in my mind is that RotJ ended the whole 6 film series well (not perfectly but well) and the sequels can be disregarded as they've added nothing and, in many way, have actively damaged Star Wars.
Disney ruined star Wars for me the prequals are rubbish but are still better than the Disney star Wars films the biggest thing i dislike about them they tried to turn them into a marvel film right down to the silly jokes that just don't work in star Wars.

Back
Top Bottom