Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

Soldato
force awakens was rubbish. it was remake of new hope and that automatically gets a fail from me.

This one was more refreshing and Kyle was much better in this movie then the rubbish of FA

What was refreshing about it? The main plotline of the rebel cruiser running low on fuel, but managing to just get far enough ahead of the First Order fleet to get out of range of their weapons and this to form the basis of the films 151 minute runtime? Was that refreshing?

The Canto Bight part of the movie? Was that refreshing?

The way in which they portrayed Luke Skywalker as out of character as they possibly could? Was that refreshing?

The Princess Leia space scene? Refreshing?

The complete lack of a lightsaber (laser sword lol) duel throughout the entire movie? Refreshing for a Star Wars movie?

Need me to continue?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got back from seeing this, think this is the worst Star Wars movie I've seen.

It was absolutely awful and had absolutely nothing to redeem it in my eyes.

Terrible movie.

Soldato
What was refreshing about it? The main plotline of the rebel cruiser running low on fuel, but managing to just get far enough ahead of the First Order fleet to get out of range of their weapons and this to form the basis of the films 151 minute runtime? Was that refreshing?

The Canto Bight part of the movie? Was that refreshing?

The way in which they portrayed Luke Skywalker as out of character as they possibly could? Was that refreshing?

The Princess Leia space scene? Refreshing?

The complete lack of a lightsaber (laser sword lol) duel throughout the entire movie? Refreshing for a Star Wars movie?

Need me to continue?

Yea those never been done before in a star wars film

Soldato
How was Luke Skywalker out of character? He was not a wise Jedi master, not by a long shot. Powerful yes, but he is no master like those in the prequels....

Did you expect him to come out like sabre wheedling maniac chopping down storm troupers like a bad ass? Lets not forget it is also an old man in the film...

The trilogy was never about Luke, its about Rey and Kylo. The old characters distract from this all the time as peoples focus naturally goes to them as they are the people everyone know's and loves.

The whole Ray, Luke, Kylo plot was the best part of the film.

Caporegime
Question in spoiler
there's a scene where there's no sound for 10seconds... It's about 1h 50m into the film. What was it? During the salt flats? Oh or was it the hyperspace cruiser lightspeed fleet kill?

I can't clearly remember but the later makes sense...

Don
Stunning, yet breaks your heart
when you realise every Xwing had a hyperspace capability, so many Rebels died in space battles in all those movies and all they had to do was sacrifice one Xwing as hyperspace bullet, preferably on autopilot...
Hyperspace X-wings would just go splat like bugs on a wind screen

Soldato
Hyperspace X-wings would just go splat like bugs on a wind screen

At those sorts of near-light speeds, you'd get total mass-energy conversion. It would be like a nuke going off as it hit. Make a slug of
something dense (like diamond or depleted uranium) with hyperspeed engines and a navigation system, you'd have a missile that could jump to a system, then take out almost anything.

That's why this sort of trick looks spectacular in the movie, but when you think about it, it breaks so many things. How many ships or cruisers could have been saved by ramming one of them into a super star destroyer, or a death star at light speed? TLJ has made a fundamental change in the rules of the movies. It's like suddenly turning up with modern guns where everyone else has swords.

Back
Top Bottom