Starbound - adventure, terraria graphics designer ( INDIE )

Caporegime
Server died :p

One thing they're going to have to consider is what happens when all the coal is mined from the starting world? It would be possible for new players to become stranded.

Soldato
Server died :p

One thing they're going to have to consider is what happens when all the coal is mined from the starting world? It would be possible for new players to become stranded.

And wood. Only 2 sources of fuel I've found so far are Unrefined Wood and Coal Ore. Oddly enough Rainbow Wood that I found doesn't seem to be classed as wood so I couldn't ues it as a fuel ><

Associate
Ok so i've just downloaded this, no idea what i'm doing! Never played a game like this before ha.

Will try join the server from that link above, gonna take a look now.

Edit: Everytime I try to connect it just gives me an error "Client connect failed! Error connecting to 'linktart.co.uk' port '21025'." Any ideas?

Last edited:
Associate
Given how many stars and planets there are it seems unlikely you'll wind up crossing over yourself anytime soon. The answers will probably become apparent soon enough though.

Yeah true - I just thought the starting planet/system might be the same for everyone. I've not looked into space travel yet and have just spent a couple of hours on one planet. If it's easy enough to go off and start anywhere then I guess it wouldn't be an issue.

Soldato
With the impending reset I've kinda been avoiding playing it. I do like the idea of a new weapon system. The current one is very bizarre.

Hopefully it is just a character wipe and not a world one so items could be placed on a planet and will survive the wipe. Not too sure about this though :)

Soldato
Given how much of a major overhaul it is I just assumed it'd be both universe and character.

Oh well, it was fun using my legendary sword while I had it :p

E2C6DF451E6AAAACFC4BE53E0F55BBD011F7941A

(also check out the awesome 'Lady Hat' :D)

Caporegime
It seems to me, so far, that mining is the least effective use of your time. Copper, coal, iron are common enough, and silver too if you go deeper.

Gold is so rare that crafting anything with it is a horrible timesink.

On the other hand, if you stick to killing the surface mobs over and over, you'll get enough drops to make stuff that's better than metal gear (Snaaaaaaaaaaaake!), and takes much, much less time and tedium to craft.

I haven't found any mini bosses yet. Where do these live?

The other observation I have is about Tier 2 (beta sector). Here I can hit level 14 creatures for 100 damage and kill them in one hit. They are also hitting me for 50 damage and killing me in two hits. My armour is the Snow armour, with a value of 13 on each piece.

Weapons are easy to come by, but armour to keep you alive is not.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm glad they're getting rid of the 'armour level' vs 'weapon level' thing.

When you have to fight level 20 mobs with level 15 armour (because that's the best you can get), and you take massive damage because of it, there really is no way to progress.

Caporegime
OP
Regarding the wipe if you try to keep your robots

sadly no. he won't be compatible with the programing that will go into the update. Most likely he will be read as a corrupted file if he shows up at all.

So I wouldn't play Starbound until Monday or Tuesday, if this BIG patch comes out.

Soldato
Or you can play for fun :D And just restart on Monday! Then experience it again in another week or twos time.

I can see this as how it is going to be for the next month or two while they tweak the major aspects of the game.

Back
Top Bottom