Starbound - adventure, terraria graphics designer ( INDIE )

Soldato
sPyvGRe.png

So this is fun. Made character, joined server, tried teleporting down and die. Can't even fly to another planet.

Soldato
Should probably do something about that though if you can. No new players can spawn in. Only way around it was to join a party and teleport to a friends ship. But even then when I die and teleport back down I die, lost like 200 pixels :(

Soldato
This game is Fantastic!

I love that there are little missions to get you going!

I was doing well, finally after hours, got enough silver to build a distress beacon. Activate it, and down beams a bunch of Vietnam m16 wielding penguins. They murder me, and ransack my home.
It's great fun.

Sadly the Mac version has no Luncher, so you have a round about way to create your own server and play with friends.

I've two little videos about the game in my sig. :)

Man of Honour
I could perhaps move the starting planet to another one. It's hard to work out what is what though so I could end up sending people to some random planet that is too hard or something.

Man of Honour
Fixed!

Ended up having to delete the starting world and regenerate it. Not ideal but it's the only workaround atm.

I may look at making regular backups but for now this will do.

Last edited:
Associate
just for newbies :) you can play single player and then take your character in to muiltplayer after you have gotten some fuel :) this will avoid the problem just remember to sort anything u need on ur ship stuff on planets will not spawn with u

Soldato
Urgh crashes like that are REALLY irritating. I'd just mined enough Iron Ore to make an Anvil, went onto the crafting screen after completing the quest and it crashed. Went back on and it deleted all the Iron I had collected but kept the quest status ><

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Same here, flawless playing so far on OS X.

Spoke too soon... got the UFO down to one health and it just ****** off :mad:

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Either :)

You can get help with a group, but chances are you will not come across any other player on the mp server, so many planets! :) If you need to team up, you can!

Suspended
I'm so tempted by this but I know I just don't have the time to put in to it.
Maybe I can wait until it's a bit less expensive.

I doubt it's going to be less expensive any time soon. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if the price went up. They said it will remain $15 during the beta phase but made no promises for when the game gets its official release.

The 4-pack on steam would probably be your best bet if you can find 3 friends who want it too.

Back
Top Bottom