Started listening to SOAD again

Man of Honour
deSade said:
Why d'you turn the opportunity down? ;)

Clawfinger played in a pokey little pub called The Rigger in Newcastle and only 100 people turned up. I literally stood 10 foot away from them leaning at the bar at the side. Come the last 3 songs and I was standing at the front moshing with all the kids. When they finished Zak came out and started signing autographs and after he finished he made a beeline for me.
He said that he'd noticed I was the oldest in there and I was singing along to all the songs. I told him I'd been a fan since the first album and I still am. He then asked if he could buy me a drink but I declined because the wife was picking me up any second and I was out of my tree already. I then thanked him for making an old man happy.
It was a few weeks later and their latest album was released and the lyrics confirmed he was gay. Up until that point I had no idea.
So I like to think I turned Zak down (even though I didn't know he was gay at the time).

Soldato
OP
dmpoole said:
Clawfinger played in a pokey little pub called The Rigger in Newcastle and only 100 people turned up. I literally stood 10 foot away from them leaning at the bar at the side. Come the last 3 songs and I was standing at the front moshing with all the kids. When they finished Zak came out and started signing autographs and after he finished he made a beeline for me.
He said that he'd noticed I was the oldest in there and I was singing along to all the songs. I told him I'd been a fan since the first album and I still am. He then asked if he could buy me a drink but I declined because the wife was picking me up any second and I was out of my tree already. I then thanked him for making an old man happy.
It was a few weeks later and their latest album was released and the lyrics confirmed he was gay. Up until that point I had no idea.
So I like to think I turned Zak down (even though I didn't know he was gay at the time).
I've known the rumours for years, so it wasn't a surprise. Fair play to him though, there aren't that many people in that area of rock that will let people know they're gay.

As you said - a truly great band. :)

Soldato
I dont think there are any songs by this band which i have a distaste to! I think their new album is good, not their best stuff, but i definately cant complain!

Back
Top Bottom