1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starting to build new pc

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by stuscfc, 9 Oct 2009.

1. stuscfc

Associate

Ok just starting to build my first pc got another to do as well but only a few bits in there.I will probable be asking a few qustions over the time so heres the first.
    The ferrite ring in the case,coolmaster 335, do i put the usb cables and audio ieee hd cables through or just hd audio ieee not usb.thanks

2. stuscfc

Associate

Also just tryed to fit the sheild in the case but the sheild seams to small for the hole cant grip anything

Edit umm forget this last post lol got it in.

Last edited: 9 Oct 2009
  3. stuscfc

Associate

Ok got the mobo in with cpu and fan and memory attached.Now a question where do i attached the extra fan i bought for intake air.There is an extra fan with the case and i can see where the power conector is for that lol but not another.

4. Flare

Mobster

Ypu should be able to connect it direct to the PSU, although this will mean you wont be able to set the fan speeds

5. stuscfc

Associate

Thanks for the reply will look for that when i get to conecting it all up.
    I have another question now i would like to connect 2 hdd drivers but 1 is about 5 years old and non are idee but sata can i do this as i have a lot of info on the older one and want to retreive it then wipe it and use it on my other pc im building.

6. stuscfc

Associate

The hdd i have taken out of my older fujitsu pc is a Seagate barracuda 7200.7 it was connected via sata not ide.I have been looking on the net but info isnt very clear.So basicaly would it work if i installed them both in the new pc with sata i dont have the little clip to set it up to master or slave as not sure you need that for sata.
    Then in bios can i set my new samsung hdd as master and the seagate as slave.Also the old pc was sata1 the new mobo is sata 2 would that make a difference. Doing my head in now lol