Starting Wow afresh on new server - tips

Soldato
If you choose a Mage, you'll own up until level 55, that's when all other classes will surpass you by default and you become the joke class of WoW. Even trying to compete with other classes like Priests and Warlocks will require months of item farming, and even then that green "of the eagle" wearing level 52 Warlock is going to beat you wearing your full Netherwind set.

If you want magic, choose Priest or Warlock, if you want melee, choose Rogue.

Soldato
Every class is just as good as each other if played WELL. Some classes beat certain other classes but its a rock paper scissors way of doing things, dont blame the class, blame the player.

Soldato
Hunters rawk imo, since the rock paper scissors thing doesnt apply as much, since every class can beat you, and you can beat every class, you just have to play well :)

Associate
I will not be playing PVP at all so beating other class players is not an issue. I am looking for a class that is fun, easy to level and play solo.

Keep the suggestions rolling folks.

Permabanned
Pixel said:
If you choose a Mage, you'll own up until level 55, that's when all other classes will surpass you by default and you become the joke class of WoW. Even trying to compete with other classes like Priests and Warlocks will require months of item farming, and even then that green "of the eagle" wearing level 52 Warlock is going to beat you wearing your full Netherwind set.

If you want magic, choose Priest or Warlock, if you want melee, choose Rogue.

LTP anyway mages are the next hunter.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whitewater said:

Because in the big instances they require too much healing against boss mobs with aoe's (which most have). When we do ZG runs we take only 2 with us out of fairness but if we had a choice we wouldnt and would replace with a class that can dps at range and add utility. Same as MC really, just use them to pad out the raids. Rogues just dont add anything that another class cant do better. They are good in PvP though.

Anim said:
Is that like saying priests are pointless endgame?

Obviously not.

Soldato
That is such a lie, obviously your rogues arent playing properly. On 90% of bosses rogues are the main source of damage, if i'm leading ZG i'll try to get 4 rogues with us as theyre so useful for every boss except hakkar. In molten core the only boss they dont do much on is shazzrah but if they have a healer each they can still do a fair bit of damage.
Rogues do damage that no other class can match.

Soldato
What do you mean they aren't playing properly? How are your rogues avoiding AoE damage and the need to be healed lol? Rogues can be outdamaged by many classes that won't need healing, even a DPS specced warrior can out DPS a rogue and has loads more hp and armour.

I'm not saying they dont add anything but every other class adds more in my opinion.

Last edited:
Soldato
even a DPS specced warrior can out DPS a rogue and has loads more hp and armour.

What? I've yet to come across any Warrior - Fury specced or not - that can even come *close* to matching my damage as a Combat-spec Rogue. And if they're trying to out-damage me, they're not doing their job properly.

The best warriors I've ever played with don't really do much damage. They keep the aggro and take a pounding. Makes everyones life so much easier, including the priests who only have to concentrate healing on them. Leaves me free to do my 150dps and 2000 point crits without fear of getting tons of aggro.

Soldato
There's a big difference between a traditional "Tank" and a DPS warrior. Generally you only need 1 tank with a backup unless encounters need more (Tiger boss in ZG for instance).

Personally i'm of the opinion that if you play a warrior you should be a tank but in WoW prot specced Warriors aren't the norm.

Ranged DPS is far more useful, hunters do massive damage as do locks and with their curse of elements means the mages do even more damage. Plus they are all out of range of the bosses AoE's.

Soldato
Coming from someone who has multiple 60s in a guild thats cleared BWL multiple times if i had to do it again there is only two classes you should even consider, Warrior and Warlock.

Warlock is unbeatable 1v1 and can two or at most three shot any class once you have the gear.

Soldato
Hunter and warlocks dont do as much damage as a rogue, hunters can get close but give them equal equipment and a rogue will take the edge. I was saying if a rogue isnt topping the damage meters, they are doing something wrong or have much worse gear than whoever is at the top.

Warriors, 2 is about average except for 5man instances. Protection spec is worthless, MS can do the same job just fine even in BWL.

Back
Top Bottom