Staxrip, AMD & deinterlacing

Soldato
I've just read a few threads which explained the difference between interlaced and progressive. My source is interlaced, which I thought was called blocking but that must be different.

So I have installed Staxrip which apparently considers itself the daddy of GUI encoders due to it being started in 2002. I've figured out my way round the interface (at least for video, not single frame batch encoding), but the settings I've seen on youtube and on the videohelpforum's staxrip thread are either for nvidia or don't work (to reduce the interlacing).

I notice that nvidia does 10-bit encoding with h.265; and I have a 10-bit monitor now, but have not found the same option in the amd h.265 encoder.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
By the looks of the staxrip interlacing can be removed by ticking the field box in filters. If the source analyses as interlaced, you will need a deinterlacing filter like yadif or.

Personally, I've used xmedia Recode and handbrake for many years. This is what I do for deinterlacing in those. On xmedia recode, you have to click on the eye symbol in the deinterlace timeline to enable it. Handbrake is a simple drop down.

AMD AMF is supported in xmedia recode but does not support 10 bit. I cannot find any info on support for it anywhere. In the past it was a feature that could only be used on quadro and firepro cards. I've always found good old software rendering to be more reliable with a lot more options available, it's just annoying that it is slower to encode. I tried using the high 10 and high 4:4:4 10 bit profiles for h.264 and had trouble with playback on a lot of devices.

Back
Top Bottom