1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam main window becomes unresponsive after playing games following creators update w10

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Devrij, 30 Jan 2018.

1. Devrij

Capodecina

Sometimes it's fine, but a lot of the time the main window becomes unresponsive after I exit a game, and I can't even close it (right clicking the icon shows the menu except some artefacts obscure the close option). It's a right PITA and I've found just this thread on steam forums with no real solution.

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1489992713705239834/

Anyone else experienced this and found a solution? It's literally just since the creators update came through.

2. Gee

Mobster

I thought I was the only one experiencing this!!! I've found I get it after playing PUBG.

I've tried minimising the window and closing it via the X at the top right but nothing.

What I did find that works, is by pressing the windows key & the down arrow. This makes the window smaller (resizes it) but makes it responsive again.

3. Devrij

Capodecina

A
    Ah good ill give that a go, cheers!

4. Devrij

Capodecina

No that just minimises it for me, and when I restore it, it's just the same. Come on Steam, fix!

5. ryu

Hitman

For me it seems to become unresponsive when I take it over the default square aspect ratio size it generally opens up as, particularly going full-screen to 1440p. Occasionally it is fine though, quite annoying.

6. Rroff

Man of Honour

When a game exits steam sometimes processes things like screenshots (and presents you with the thumbnail thingy) and other overlay actions so might be worth turning that stuff off as a test.

7. Devrij

Capodecina

Yes that does make sense. Overlay could be at fault here

8. HaloUK

Wise Guy

Yeh I have had this and the only way I got round it was to ctrl, alt & del then end task. :/

M$ have got a lot to answer for. They have caused LOADS of issues since the botched updates for spectre and meltdown at the start of the year. Give yourself a big pat on the back M$... preferably while holding something sharp!

9. Joop

Hitman

steam - Sittings - Web Browser and delete web browser cache. let me know if helps

10. Devrij

Capodecina

No I'm afraid not.